Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I already have a AC fan issue post and now this. I've been having a slight oil leak for the last few weeks and thought the issue was oil dripping from the drain plug. I would see a bead of oil on the drain plug, wipe it off, etc.

I attempted to tighten the plug, but it was solid. I climbed under there today with a light and discovered what appears to me as being the leak is coming from between the oil pan and transmission. The oil is then running down the front of the oil pan and dripping from the oil pan bolt.

Is the oil pan connected directly to the transmission? Thoughts on what's needed for repair?

·
Registered
845 Posts
There is a small plastic type gasket that comes with new engines for the oil plug- my atk engine came with one at least in the kit...think that may help u out

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No Notor, I've ruled out the drain plug. The leak is above that. Somewhere near the top of the oil pan next to the transmission.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Apannone, doesn't look difficult, just time consuming. Exactly what I don't have...Time.

May have to drop it off to get checked and repaired.

·
Registered
831 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Called two separate Jeep dealerships today and provided both with the same info. Year / make / model / standard / 4.0 s etc.

Dealer # 1 - advised 6 hours + parts = 580.00 + tax

Dealer # 2 - did not discuss hours and stated 300.00 + parts + tax.

These two dealerships are in the same county and 40 minutes apart.

Pays to call around!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts