289 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
another vote for the EVO skid system

·
Registered
457 Posts
if u get the rockhard, and have a 2012 or newer, make sure you get the newer ones where the oil drain hole is a door instead. otherwise draining oil would be a mess

·
Registered
261 Posts
How difficult is it to install the Evo skid system?
It is not that difficult. The worst part it jacking up the trans/transfer case. The nuts on the top trans mount were a pain in the butt. I needed a 16 or 17mm wrench which is not a wrench they put in most wrench sets. I purchased a ratchet wrench and it made the job much easier. A rachet and socket would not fit in that area.

·
Registered
26,921 Posts
It is not that difficult. The worst part it jacking up the trans/transfer case. The nuts on the top trans mount were a pain in the butt. I needed a 16 or 17mm wrench which is not a wrench they put in most wrench sets. I purchased a ratchet wrench and it made the job much easier. A rachet and socket would not fit in that area.
^This. A block of wood and a jack to go under the transfer case along with a ratchet wrench.

BTW: On their website the skids are red; mine showed up all black. :thumb:

·
Registered
273 Posts
Yeah, if I remember correctly EVO did the red so they display better. I think a few guys got a group together and ordered red, otherwise they're black. Definitely get a ratchet wrench set. Even better a ratchet wrench set with flexible ends. I bought my set from Harbor Freight.

·
Registered
86 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have the Rancho skid. It is attached to the oil pan with rtv and has been solid for two years. I haven't hit any rocks with it, though, so can't rate its performance yet.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts