Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My rig is in serious need of a new oil pan. The PO smashed it up pretty good. :nonono: Is there any superior aftermarket oil pans or should I just get a new stock pan? Thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks! :punk:
Phil

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've installed pans on older cars that didn't hang any lower but provided a larger oil capacity. That's where this is coming from, if I have a larger volume pan that allows more oil in the engine is that better for a Jeep or is it unnecessary?

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
IMO, the pan works pretty well as it is. About the only problems you ever hear are leaking, which isn't the pan's fault, and the pan getting banged up off road. If you want to invest in something, I'd invest in a skid plate for it :thumb:

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd go with a stock pan and a skid. I have the Teraflex HD oil pan skid. I hit it no less than 3 times on the Rubicon in August and it took it like a champ. Cheap insurance and very easy install. I bought mine through 4x4 group buy for about $130 with free shipping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.