Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This happened for the first time about a month ago, then didn't happen again until a few days ago, now it has been doing it almost everytime I start my jeep. When I start the jeep, the oil pressure stays all the way to the left and the "check gauges" light comes on. I always turn the engine off when this happens, then it goes back to normal until the next time the engine turns over.

I also checked for engine codes and got "P0255 - Injection Pump Fuel Metering Control 'A' Intermittent."

What is causing this? And how do I fix it?

·
Registered
124 Posts
wow hope an answer posts quick.. mine is running down by the 40 mark or lower at Idle

I am worried about the oil sending switch, the oil pump, valve problem, rings blown.with the rpms below a thousand, it is really low oil pressure ... at 2000 . rpms .. it is a bit above the half way marker (60) but get the I put some lucas gasoline treatment in the gas a couple of times and now i also seem to hear some ticking I did not hear before..
this is the same jeep the AC compressor is toast in... should I bail?? burn it?? lol
have a little old lady sell it at the church ? ..
I would like for it to be my daily driver and replace all other vehicles in my small stable.
please help us both
dk

·
Knows a couple things...
49,410 Posts
Oil pressure is supposed to rise and fall in step with the engine RPMs. A rule of thumb for acceptable (good) oil pressure is 10 psi per thousand engine RPMs.

That said, newer TJ oil pressure gauges were reprogrammed to stay close to mid-scale if the actual pressure is ok.

JReed615, I suspect you only need a new oil pressure sender. They commonly go bad and give the same erroneous oil pressure indications. However I'd get it from the dealer since aftermarket senders from stores like Autozone are often poor quality junk from China.

·
Registered
124 Posts
thanks jerry and TJ forum.. I was freaking

since I have had one set of bad news since getting a different wrangler a couple of weeks ago ( ac compressor is toast ) I was thinking the worst.
dan kennison

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jerry Bransford said:
JReed615, I suspect you only need a new oil pressure sender. They commonly go bad and give the same erroneous oil pressure indications. However I'd get it from the dealer since aftermarket senders from stores like Autozone are often poor quality junk from China.
Thats what I was thinking I just didn't know what to call it. Thanks man, I'll post an update when I replace the part

1 - 5 of 5 Posts