Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, all I just did a complete rebuild on my 2009 3.8 and am trying to add a REAL oil pressure gauge. I have done some searching and all I found was people using a “sandwich” adapter? Is this the only way to do it this? If so where do I get one? I do see an allen screw behind the oil filter can I use this hole? I removed it and it appears to be possible metric? Thanks again for the help everyone.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For anyone else looking to do this, here is what I did. There is a 1/4 allen in the housing behind the oil filter. I removed that plug, drilled and tapped it 1/8 pipe tap and added my line for gauge.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I added an oil pressure gauge using the sandwich adapter last year. It has worked out really well... except for one problem. The positions available to mount the sensor in the plate aren't fantastic. I didn't have any issues until I went wheeling. My upper control arm crushed my oil pressure sensor when I hit a large bump.

I'm now trying to find a new place to mount a new sensor that will be out of the way. I really don't want to have to drill and tap out this hole in the engine that 63belair used.

Has anyone found another option for mounting an oil pressure sensor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts