Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Usually happens once per day my oil pressure gauge will drop to zero and check gauges light comes on but it only lasts 2 seconds and returns to normal. Thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sending unit going bad. Easy to replace.
I guess I should ask first, when does it happen? Going down the road, coming to a stop, only when the engine is warm?
Mine used to do it only after Hwy driving than coming to a stop. So, I replaced it. My new one only lasted 9 months. So, I'm trying to decide where I want to put a mechanical gauge.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It happens when i'm stopping except for one time it happened for a split second while just normaly driving down the road. Thanks!

·
Knows a couple things...
49,020 Posts
Replace the oil pressure sender & get it from the dealer. Senders purchased from cheap parts stores like Autozone are typically poor quality, unreliable, and not worth installing. My son's oil pressure sender failed & it took buying 3 senders on a Sunday when the dealer was closed to finally get an oil pressure sender that worked properly. One of them even read backwards... high pressure at idle & the pressure dropped when the engine was revved. That's some quality right there. :p

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
I had this problem, granted it wasn't in my jeep, but...what my problem was, was I had a slow oil leak. And ot would get loe on oil and the light would come on when coming to a stop. Then it would go away when I did stop or I took off again.

So if there's no oil leak and the oil level is good then look ↑ or ↓ for better answers.

Good luck

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I bought a sender from the dealership last Sept. and it worked perfectly until 2 weeks ago and it started acting up again. The ones from the parts box stores lasted only a couple days though.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I got a sender from the dealership that lasted 3 days and then went bonkers. They replaced it and all has been well for about a month so far. Bound to have a bad one now and then I guess. FWIW: the factory units are made in Mexico.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts