Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any help is appreciated. A couple months ago I upgraded my gears to 4.88 on a 2015 jku with 35" tires. About a week ago I noticed my engine temp running halfway between the midpoint line and the 3/4 line on the temp gauge while riding between 65 and 70mph. As I approached 80mph the temp gauge ran closer to the 3/4 mark. I checked the radiator and it was full. The overflow container was very low so I filled it but the issue persists . Is that a normal engine temp at the higher speeds or is there a problem ?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Ok I don't quite follow. Do you think that low oil pressure is causing the high temperature readings? Or vice versa?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Still under warranty easy enough for shop to check both , oil press and temp gauge sending unit...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok I don't quite follow. Do you think that low oil pressure is causing the high temperature readings? Or vice versa?
My concern was the high temp reading at faster speeds . I just assumed there could be an issue with the radiator that was causing it . I was hoping for feedback on the forum to lead me in the right direction or tell me that the higher temps were Normal.

·
Registered
5,133 Posts
Running 2,800-3,000 rpm constantly is certainly gonna cause heat issues. That pretty high revs to be running for any length of time. Watch your transmission temperature, and check that the trans oil is not burnt.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Running 2,800-3,000 rpm constantly is certainly gonna cause heat issues. That pretty high revs to be running for any length of time. Watch your transmission temperature, and check that the trans oil is not burnt.
ok thank you

·
Registered
127 Posts
One other thing you might check is tire pressure. After I changed to 35s I started to run 30psi rather than the 38psi I was running with the factory set up. My temps increased on the highway....and gas mileage dropped.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
One other thing you might check is tire pressure. After I changed to 35s I started to run 30psi rather than the 38psi I was running with the factory set up. My temps increased on the highway....and gas mileage dropped.
Really ??? Yes I lowered my tire pressure to 30psi as well - I'll increase it back to 35 and see if that helps - thank you !

·
Registered
722 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ps I just realized a had a brain fart and posted "oil pressure" in the headline instead of temp issue. I know one of the forum members pointed that out but I missed it. Sorry for the confusion . The issue is my temp gauge readings .

1 - 16 of 16 Posts