Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 jku Rubicon, on my way home the oil pressure Light came on. Today the air bag warning light came on and then will disappear for about 5 seconds and will come back on. I did drive through a large puddle the day the oil pressure light first came on, I checked oil is fine and there are no error codes. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this?
I really don't feel like dealing with a dealership

·
Super Moderator
7,687 Posts
Maybe the fuses got wet? Take a few out and see if there's water.....maybe dry with a hairdryer
That's a possibility, you might have also gotten the oil sending unit and the sensor for the air bag wet causing the lights to come on. I would check them too.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Some things to try:

1. disconnect battery for awhile, re-attach, and see if that fixes it. Also check battery connections and grounds, fuses.

2. You might have a bad brake sensor / wire. That can cause a number of funky things with Jeep electronics.

3. Does your horn work? A clockspring problem could be the cause...I could be wrong, but I think there's an extended 100K warranty on the clockspring.

4. Pray.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I went through and checked all my connectors, the one leading to my oil pressure sensor had water in it so I sprayed it with wd40. The oil pressure now will actually stay off for a while then come back on but the air back warning light still turns off and on all the time. Fuses are okay. Where would the airbag sensor be for me to check. And what else could have gotten wet to be causing this. Also do I need to take out the oil pressure sensor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Some things to try:

1. disconnect battery for awhile, re-attach, and see if that fixes it. Also check battery connections and grounds, fuses.

2. You might have a bad brake sensor / wire. That can cause a number of funky things with Jeep electronics.

3. Does your horn work? A clockspring problem could be the cause...I could be wrong, but I think there's an extended 100K warranty on the clockspring.

4. Pray.
Yes the horn is working and how would I check to see if the clockspring is okay, ill check the brakes and wiring and I have disconnected the battery
Thank you

1 - 8 of 8 Posts