Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Washed the engine on my 2000 Jeep Wrangler the other day and the gauge for the oil pressure is at 0. How do in check the oil pressure indicator sensor or switch or how do I check the oil pressure on the jeep to make sure that is the gauge not reading correctly and that i do have oil pressure don't want to blow the engine for lack of oil pressure. Thanks.

·
Registered
512 Posts
Sounds as though you may have either damaged the sensor or disconnected the connector for the sensor.
The sensor is screwed into the oil filter mount on the passenger side just a little rearward of the where the distributor would be on the earlier 4.0L engines.

Oh by the way.... you own a TJ and not a JK which is the forum you are posting on.

·
RETIRED MODERATOR
48,327 Posts
:welcome: to the Forum..:wavey:

It's probably a defective oil sender. Remove the sender, and install a master gauge, to see what your oil pressure actually is.

This is the JK 2007 through 2015 Section.
The TJ Section is 1997 through 2006. This is where I recommend that you post this question!!!

Good Luck....:thumb:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally had to opportunity to work on my jeep. Replaced the oil pressure sensor and problem solved. Quick easy fix. Thanks to everyone that posted on this thread.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts