Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Jeepers, I finally found the Pentastar oil pressure and auto trans temp pressure PIDs to use with OBD-II apps! Though I'd share.

After much searching, I found https://www.scangauge.com/support/x-gauge-commands/dodge-chrysler-jeep/

Scroll down to "2012 - 2018 JEEP WRANGLER JK 3.6L PENTASTAR" for the two PIDs.

I can't test the auto tranny temp as I drive a manual, but the oil pressure works! For reference Jeep doesn't use the standard SAE oil pressure PID...

Module: 07E0
Mode: 22
PID: 022A

Use formula (A*150)/255-1 to get PSI. It agrees with my EVIC.

In action in the ODB Fusion app:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Now, does anyone know where to find the engine oil temperature PID?

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
I have the SuperChips TrailCal and it is not able to access the PIDs for oil pressure and auto trans temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
My pioneer and idatalink maestro can pull the trans temp pid sometimes... it appears to change or might not even be real. Somethings I have read state that it is just a copy of the coolant temp but only when in gear. I'll see if it will take a custom pid and try your parameters.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Torque pro can access both but you you have to create a custom pid to access the oil temp.

The trans temp pid only reads (properly) when in gear with the right PID. You have to be careful though because there are a few pid's out there which are incorrect and reads a couple degrees below coolant temp. The correct tranny pid will give you a completely different temp reading when in gear and one which is only few degrees off coolant temp when in park. The below pic is displaying tranny temp while in drive, but if I shift to park the temp changes to a few degrees below coolant temp (to the right)

zzzz20191120_075720.jpg

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Just weird cause I can access them both on the EVIC they just won’t allow me to bring it up on the SuperChips screen. Contacted SuperChip they confirmed at that time the pids were not available.

·
Registered
5,254 Posts
Just weird cause I can access them both on the EVIC they just won’t allow me to bring it up on the SuperChips screen. Contacted SuperChip they confirmed at that time the pids were not available.

Nothing that couldn't be handled with a firmware update but sadly from my experience, you're dead to SuperChips right after they get your money.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
One more: Engine Coolant Temperature

I noticed the standard SAE PID for coolant temp ($01 $05) was always off by a couple degrees compared to EVIC.

There is a mode 22 PID that returns the same temp as the EVIC display:

PID: 011D
Formula: A-64

This returns coolant temp in °C
For °F, use the formula (A-64)*1.8+32

Reactions: JeepRocks

·
Registered
5,263 Posts
Nothing that couldn't be handled with a firmware update but sadly from my experience, you're dead to SuperChips right after they get your money.

I’ve personally never had an issue after purchase with SuperChips. At my last contact with them the firmware update was still not able to access those PIDs. That was some time ago so I may contact them again.

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I think I found the Engine Oil Temperature PID! :happyyes:

PID: 0121
Formula: A-64 for Celcius. (A-64)*1.8+32 for Fahrenheit.

Found it on a Pacifica forum.

Its behavior relative to coolant temp is consistent with oil temp:
  • Both are equal when engine is cold
  • It goes up slower than coolant temp (still at 140F when coolant is already at 180F)
  • Once it reaches high 160's, the oil pressure drops from 90 PSI to 45 PSI; this is consistent wih how the Pentastar oil pump behaves.
  • Under high load at low RPMs (hill climb in high gear) it gets higher than coolant temp.
  • Once you get oil pressure back to 90 PSI (rev above 3,500 RPM) it drops quickly, which makes sense if more oil is being circulated through the intercooler then past the sensor.
136E5B38-BF99-49D3-9914-F5A430A8F58A.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Edit: hit a snag on engine oil temp.

The PID listed above behaves in every way like oil temperature, but maxes at a 203F/95C; probably a filtered value. I'll have to keep looking for the raw data.
:atomic:

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Reactions: john_1750

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hello
I am French and I don't speak English well
I have a WRANGLER JKU from 2014 in diesel version 2.8 CRD
on the evic I have the display oil pressure
On the DASAITA I configured a manometer with the given elements
Use formula (A * 150) / 255-1

It does not work the module is not found
do you know the PID value for a diesel version
thank you for helping me

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello
I am French and I don't speak English well
I have a WRANGLER JKU from 2014 in diesel version 2.8 CRD
on the evic I have the display oil pressure
On the DASAITA I configured a manometer with the given elements
Use formula (A * 150) / 255-1

It does not work the module is not found
do you know the PID value for a diesel version
thank you for helping me
Hé, un Breton! Malheureusement pas de Jeep à moteur diesel aux E.U., je ne peux pas t'aider.

- Christophe (du 56)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cool to find a Frenchman in the US

Yep, I have to come and get some info here to try to prepare my JKU as well as possible

I suspected that I was going to do "white cabbage" because the GO should not really be a current model in the US
But I do not despair because this forum has already helped me many times

What surprises me is that the PID number is not the same between the petrol and diesel version because on my EVIC I have the oil pressure
I was just thinking of having to adapt the formula but not more

·
Premium Member
3,656 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know. It’s even different between different gasoline engines. Crazy.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts