Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everybody....

So i'm not sure if this is normal so I thought I would ask....

I have a 91 YJ 2.5L aka "realSTEEL" (it's a real speedster :rofl:)... I just noticed while I accelerate my oil pressure goes from normal resting state of 45-50 all the way to 80 and stays there while i'm at a constant speed. The moment I decelerate it drops back down to 45-50. Is this normal?

I changed the oil pressure switch and it's still the same thing... I think I may have wasted $16.99. I should of asked these boards first.

Thanks in advance for the input.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I think that about par for the course, mine does the exact same thing. I think when it show very low like below 25 is when you have to start to worry.

·
Registered
51 Posts
My 92, 2.5L "Speedster" does the same. I understand what your feeling, changed mine to a syn oil last change just to see if it would level out the pressure, No change. The good news is, must be pretty much typical for that engine. Thanks for you post. . . .

·
Registered
539 Posts
same here. mine used to be STUCK at 80+ even at idle which meant bad sending unit. swapped it out and i sit at 45-50 and bump up to 75 when "attempting" to speed :rofl:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts