Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally traced the little oil leak, well ok, its bigger than little, to the oil pressure sending unit/switch. The problem is, it is part number 2 listed below. I know what 1 and 3 are, but I can not find a name for #2. That is the part leaking where it screws into the motor. I want to replace all 3.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Never found out what part 2 is called, but I reached down to disconnect the swtich and #2 just flopped over. I could move it back and forth very easy, and the threads had oil leaking. Seems the PO changed the sending unit and switch but never tightened this up. removed the sending unit, spun #2 off, put a little teflon tape on it, put it back in, reattached the switch and sending unit, cleaned everything off and went for a ride. 30 miles later, no oil. Love cheap and easy fixes.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
X2 rarely happens on the YJ but it is your lucky day.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I am replacing the same part # 2 tomorrow. Does anyone happen to know if the threads are the same size on both sides, or what the thread size(s) is? I am thinking of taking the sending unit to the hardware store for the part but want to make sure both ends are the same.
Thanks,
Karen

1 - 5 of 5 Posts