Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The sending unit on my '97 TJ went out, as they often do, and I replaced it with a Duralast part (PS271 http://www.autozone.com/autozone/pa...8m9eZ8znc6?itemIdentifier=298844_652058_8450_) which I am now realizing is a switch not a sending unit. I really need to get an accurate readout of my oil pressure like I had before and am wondering if I can simply install a different sending unit and, if so, which one. If this won't get me where I need to be I will install a mechanical gauge... I've got a small leak and want to be able to track what's going on.

This is the part I'm assuming will fix it, but I wanted to hear from you gurus before spending the $30

Oil Pressure Sending Unit (2 Pin) - 56031003

this one is probably compatible as well:
Oil Pressure Sending Unit - 56031005

Thanks in advance, WranglerForum to the rescue again!

- Jon

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
I would highly recommend that you purchase the correct unit in a genuine Mopar part either from your dealer, or online.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I just today bought one from the Dealer after reading about the poorly made aftermarket units. For my 2000 it was $61.75 plus tax. All of the sites on line were listing it at around $43 with $13 or more shipping so it wasn't worth the hassle to order online. My other option was a $45 one from Napa that claims to be tested and verified accurate.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry! I haven't been on lately. Yes the mopar part took care of it and it's an actually functioning pressure gauge now. I kept the old part as a backup but it's kind of a pointless unit in my opinion.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts