Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What oil should I be using in a 2009 JK and how much should a oil change in the transmission cost? Thanks

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Dealers charge around ~$110-130 for that service. Lube jobs probably less.

Oil is controversial subject, believe it or not. Read some of the existing threads and you decide what you want you use. The specs are in your owner's manual.

This is one active and relatively tame thread on this subject:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/oil-brand-1138794.html

·
Registered
33,936 Posts
I have been running Mobile 1 5W 30 since 500 miles I have almost 80,xxx on her now. I change my oil from 6,000 - 8,000 and never any problems.

As for the trans I change it out every 30,000 with a new filter. I have been told it is over kill but I like to be safe than sorry.

·
Sponsoring Vendor
4,165 Posts
"As for the trans I change it out every 30,000 with a new filter. I have been told it is over kill but I like to be safe than sorry."

I change mine regularly too. It's hot in Florida. Way cheaper than a transmission issue. :)

·
RETIRED MODERATER
35,676 Posts
What oil should I be using in a 2009 JK and how much should a oil change in the transmission cost? Thanks
Oil to use in your JK, in what component? Engine, trans, diffs, transfer case???

As for the cost to change oil in the transmission, is it auto, or manual???

Your questions are impossible to answer, without more INFO given to us!!!!!

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Don't put oil in your transmission ! I hope you just said that, but didn't really mean it, I had my tranny fluid changed by my mechanic, not the dealer. Saved a ton of cash.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oil to use in your JK, in what component? Engine, trans, diffs, transfer case??? As for the cost to change oil in the transmission, is it auto, or manual??? Your questions are impossible to answer, without more INFO given to us!!!!!
I was talking about the engine and transmission thank you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts