Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My search for a JK continues, and since I'm new to the JK world I'm hoping for some input from the experts.

I'm looking at a 2012 sport crush colored 2 door with 28000 miles on it and can be seen here: http://www.cargurus.com/Cars/invent...=false&filtersModified=true#listing=119147868

They are asking 22,884, and the best they'll do on it is 21500 plus tax/title/fees, bringing the total to around 22700.

For a 2012 and newer JK around here, that's on the cheaper side. I was hoping to be closer to 21000 out the door, but with spring approaching, jeeps that have been affordable are having their prices increase.

Would y'all say bite the bullet or keep looking? My biggest concern with the 2012 is that it's the first year of the switch and that the warranty will be up soon.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
That is the base, base, base.... plain jane JK.
Go to Jeep.com..... I bet you can buy new for about $24K.

http://www.jeep.com/hostc/bmo/CUJ201606/models.do

BUY NEW if you want the plain jane no options base model. IT IS THE BEST BUY !! PERIOD
Full Warranties, Pick your colour.... CRUSH is not made any more for good reason.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've thought about going with a new one, but really wanted to keep it under 21K. The price on the website - that's the msrp, correct? What would the invoice price be?

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
305 Posts
Most likely drivers side head will need to be replaced. Jeep should do it on their nickel, but it's the hassle.
I haven't looked at new prices lately, but I thought around 25k would get a new Jeep with 5 year 100k mile power train.

·
Registered
349 Posts
I don't think that's crush, but it's hard to tell with the lighting and pics. Here's mine which has a much more orange appearance:

The price seems ok, but that is as bare bones as they come which I know for me wouldn't work.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
I'm fine with base models, with the exception of needing AC. Despite plans of having the top and doors off most of the time, AC is a requirement. A base model with AC is 26xxx

Jeep - Build & Price -
If it has AC and you must have AC..... buy it. But I'd want it for under $20K.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts