Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know it's not a YJ but I was young and proud to build this on my own at 16 years old. Was big into car shows from 80's till now.

image-3853273415.jpg

image-180335404.jpg

image-3105380483.jpg

image-1572341723.jpg

image-470472448.jpg

·
Registered
374 Posts
Kool as all git out. I still have my 1988 Sami and it still gets used on the ranch every day. When and if this little guy ever dies, we will just pull him up next to the barn and let him rust away. Pound for pound this machine is super tough, and damn near bullet proof. A couple years ago I was riding around in it, (I dont get much chance to do this because my workers are always busy with it) and I ran it hot in a bad sticky mudhole. I got out and found a Gatorade bottle in the back. Filled the radiator with water right out of the mud hole, drove him to the barn, had the workers flush it out refill with anti freeze and change the oil. Man my workers are hard on this little dude, and he has never asked for much, very low maintenance costs. I wish they still made them, our 4 wheelers seem to live in the shop and you really cant haul much on an ATV anyway. Now understand, the old Sami aint pretty its just a great machine. Now when I ride the ranch with my tired old retired ass, I do it in my TJ, it has A/C !!!

·
Registered
367 Posts
Awesome, I love it. I was building one and hurricane Andrew destroyed it before I finished it. I ended up giving it away after that. I always regretted it. I used to see them at the shows too. I remember one that had a rotary engine from an rx7 and that inspired me to get one. They are very rare and pretty pricey now.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ya, the Suzuki was not the most beloved but it was light! I had another one back in the mid 90's and I lifted the crap out of it and put it on 40's, I use to take it wheelin, then I smartened up and the first YJ arrived.. Lol!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts