Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The cold air intake tube from the airfilter box to the TBI on my YJ has decided to give it up and of course it's NLA. :banghead: I wrapped it with duck tape to cover the tear then wrapped the entire tube from one end to the other with electrical tape. It is holding for now but I have tried in vain to find a replacement tube.

NONE of the autoparts stores here in town have anything close, has anybody out there had the same problem and if so what did you do to replace the tube?

It may just be time to re-think using the stock airfilter box but as many of you know, nobody has a complete cold air intake system for the 2.5 pre-FI. OK at least I can't find one.

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
Go to an appliance section in a hradware store and look for some flexible ducting maybe get lucky and snag a good find!!! Or you can check all the part outs on the forum or Ebay. But you could just make your own somehow. If you do post it up all us pre 91 YJ owners would be interested.

·
Registered
374 Posts
x2 on this, mine is the same, Im going to the RV store tomorrow to see what they have. I'll keep you advised. Good Hunting

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've sometimes had good luck getting hard to find parts at rockauto.com. Quadratec is sometimes great for oem replacement stuff but I tend to find that I only find the hard to find parts when I go to replacement part sections where they actually have diagrams. I got that tube for my '90 a few years back from one of those places I believe. However I'm sure you would probably do well going with the above suggestions as well.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey guys thanks for the hardware and RV store suggestions, I did check out HD but they only have a 30' section and I'm not paying $30.00 when all I need is about 14". I will check out my RV store when they open later today.

I also checked out Quadratec but they don't list that part at all. I will check out rockauto.com and see what I can find.

Thank you all VERY much and yes I will post my results!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts