Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
373 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 12 sport 2 dr. I installed the Q-Tec rear liner, now I cant get the seat to lock when set up for passengers. I have even set in it and it will not lock what can be done to make it lock? Even before the floor liner was installed it was hard to lock down.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Maybe you're not doing it right.

Make sure the bottom part (where the passengers sit) is flat on the floor prior to pulling the back section back to lock it in place.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I have a 12 sport 2 dr. I installed the Q-Tec rear liner, now I cant get the seat to lock when set up for passengers. I have even set in it and it will not lock what can be done to make it lock? Even before the floor liner was installed it was hard to lock down.

It's not your fault.

I bought the same liner and cut the 4 seat access points out perfectly...and then could not lock my seat down. No matter how much I adjusted the liner or pushed down on my seat, no dice....and my seat locked down fine before.

I then searched and found threads for folks who had the same issue....some stating that is the side portions of the liner contacting the seat and preventing it from dropping down low enough to lock.

I contacted QTec and they said that they were not aware of the issue and that it works fine in their test JK, but that they would take it back...and it is boxed up right now and ready to go. I am not eating 70 beans for a poorly designed (or manufactured) product. Too bad, because I love their front mats.

Hate the liner. Love QTec customer service.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I had the same problem and it seemed to me that it was the sides of the mat that caused the problem. I pushed down on the back of the seat when it was about 6 inches above the mat and it locked. I haven't tried it for months as I keep the seat folded 99% of the time. Maybe you need to force it a little more.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have the same problem. I have found that if you ease the seat down and then sit on t while you fold it into the open position the additional weight helps. I have noticed (durning more frustrated moments) that slamming the seat down doesn't work any better. Easy does it.

I'm hoping that after awhile and some warm sunny days, the cargo mat will remold itself a bit to avoid this issue.

Pretty annoying though to be honest.

It's a nice mat, but if you plan to need your back seat to be versatle(both cargo and seat) like I do, then I'd avoid this product all together.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Glad I read this, I was about to order one...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts