Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I friggin hate my Jeep right now. I have a 2010 JK Sahara and the hooked door latch has claimed my second pair of jeans. If I am not "very careful" when getting out of my Jeep, my belt loop on the back/left side of my jeans get caught on the door latch. Why in the world Jeep would have designed this with a hook is beyond me. Anyone else do this?

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I had the same issue at work, happened twice with 2 pair of shorts. Not very fun having a big hole by your butt for the remainder of the day.

I understand your pain!

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I've caught myself on it many times but haven't ripped anything.
I tried to adopt a different method of de-Jeeping ------ but sometimes I forget and I get snagged.
Just train yourself. Don't hate the Jeep; might as well hate the sky for being blue while you're at it...

·
Just a kid at heart...
14,315 Posts
I must be too short (5'7"). This has not been anywhere close to an issue with me.

·
Premium Member
4,934 Posts
I'm 6' 1-1/2" and no issues with pants.

·
Premium Member
3,182 Posts
I'm 6' 1-1/2" and no issues with pants.
me too, but the damn cargo shorts caught and ripped like a piece of paper. just so happens I was wearing somewhat flashy boxers, orange with black dots.
Needless to say I caught a lot of s#$t from the coworkers.

But hey my wife likes them

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
ptl203 said:
I friggin hate my Jeep right now. I have a 2010 JK Sahara and the hooked door latch has claimed my second pair of jeans. If I am not "very careful" when getting out of my Jeep, my belt loop on the back/left side of my jeans get caught on the door latch. Why in the world Jeep would have designed this with a hook is beyond me. Anyone else do this?
Never once

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Unfortunately at 6', height isnt my issue...I just have no idea why they would have designed something with a hook like shape in a spot that is so easy to get it caught. Well, Wally World just got another $49.50 out of me for 3 new pairs of Wranglers LOL

·
MARGARET, 10-14-51\6-1-12
10,296 Posts
im 6-1 and 317lbs. i just go out the door head first. nbd

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
blaming the jeep naughty naughty. your jeep is true to you like a loyal dog. always waiting for you and never wanting you to leave. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Premium Member
1,102 Posts
I have never done it in either of ours. A friend of mine who rides with me alot has tore pants and gotten bruises from the one on the passenger side several times.

·
Registered
2,122 Posts
Unfortunately at 6', height isnt my issue...I just have no idea why they would have designed something with a hook like shape in a spot that is so easy to get it caught. Well, Wally World just got another $49.50 out of me for 3 new pairs of Wranglers LOL
Think of it this way it could be a rice burner that the car part broke upon impact with your jeans and would have cost you a couple of hundred at the dealer.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm a shorty @ 5'4" and it hasn't happened to me yet - but I used to get hung on the seat adjuster in hubby's huge Dodge truck when I would get out. Pulled my shorts up to my back a couple of times... (_)_) Yep, cheek hanging completely out. Slightly embarrassing in walmart parking lot! lol

1 - 20 of 35 Posts