Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sitting in my garage looking at my Rancho tube doors and trying to figure out how to take the mirrors off the doors of my 2013 JK. I figure I'm not to cut the power cord to the mirror. Does this mean I should have ordered the mirrors that were available with the tube doors in the Quadratec catalog? Jeez, man!

·
Registered
753 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd bought a pair of manual ones for $66 off of Amazon for my mounts, I notice he's out of stock now though, but you might contact the seller. He sells on both eBay and Amazon. Amazon.com: New Side Mirror - OEM: 55077967AF, 68081251AA, 55077966AH, 68081250AA, Pair Set: Automotive
Thanks man. Wish I'd had known so I could have ordered them along with the door. I see you have a dead pedal coming also, plus I'm waiting on my spiderweb shades for the Rancho doors.

I went back and looked and the Quadratec ad says you can retain your factory mirrors. They are easy to undo but what about the power connection to the mirror? How do you undo that?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Just need to remove the mirrors, and fish the wires through the door. I personally didn't want to mess with that so I got the manual mirrors. But once you disconnect the mirror from the door it shouldn't be that hard, getting them back in the door might be a bigger challenge. You can probably find a YouTube video of how to do it.

Love the dead peddle, now I want foot pegs.

·
Registered
92 Posts
We also ordered manual mirrors for the Rancho tube doors. I wanted to be able to quickly swap doors in case of weather. Here are the mirrors we got:

Amazon.com: Bestop 51260-01 HighRock 4X4 Black Replacement Mirror Set for Jeep Wrangler JK: Automotive

As a tip for anyone installing mirrors on these doors, place a shim or spacer between the front and back mounting flange when you tighten down the mirror, or they'll bend under the pressure rather than the mirror flange actually seating on plate. I used a few sockets.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts