Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is that vent thingy on top of the hood??? every time it rains, water POURS from under the dash by the pedals and all over my feet...???? is that coming from that vent? what is it anyway??

:confused::confused::confused:

·
Wrecktrician
7,349 Posts
Thats the fresh air intake vent. The drain get clogged and lets water enter thought the HVAC system. Just clean the drain tube.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats the fresh air intake vent. The drain get clogged and lets water enter thought the HVAC system. Just clean the drain tube.
fresh air for what? and whats the HVAC system?

·
Registered
798 Posts
The drain tube is black rubber & is about 1-1/2" in diameter & about a foot long.
It comes out of the firewall between the battery & engine. It hangs down & it has a pinched end, just above the starter. Take it off & clean it out.

·
Registered
5,534 Posts
You can add a filter to it and have nice clean cab air. Ever sit behind a vehicle in traffic and feel like your sucking their tail pipe?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The drain tube is black rubber & is about 1-1/2" in diameter & about a foot long.
It comes out of the firewall between the battery & engine. It hangs down & it has a pinched end, just above the starter. Take it off & clean it out.
got it

You can add a filter to it and have nice clean cab air. Ever sit behind a vehicle in traffic and feel like your sucking their tail pipe?
oh i hate that........but i usually dont have any doors or windows....lol

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
what kind of filter fits the vent?

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
okie dokie

·
Registered
338 Posts
nice..just ran into this issue comming home from NC. hit a very bad rain storm and had water comming inside....wondering what that came from..so after reading this topic checked my drain hose and sure enough it had some stuff @ the end...goin to remove it and make sure it's all clear..

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
i run very hoy water thru mine every couple of months. keeps it nice and clean.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts