Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please tell me there is no chance a jeep currently at 72" Floor to Highest point, will raise 6 more inches with a 2.5" lift, LOL:banghead:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Not with the lift but maybe with the new bigger tires you'll get afterward.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not with the lift but with the new bigger tires you'll get afterward.
DAmn good thing! I just measured my garage clearance at 79", Jeep currently sitting at 72" on 33" tires, :redface:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Which 2.5 are you considering? A TF coil 2.5 lift for example raises a 2 door JK 3.1" in the front and 2.1" in the rear. At most you'll be pushing it closer by 3".

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Looking at garage clearance? Factor in the lift, then 1/2 inch for each inch of tire size...

My garage is about 81", and I clear fairly easily with a 3" lift and 35's.

With my OEM soft top (which is higher than a hard top, btw) my Jeep was 76.5". Just today I installed a new frameless soft top, and it's now at just over 75".

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys! I can't believe I didn't even think of that Kb, damn 50 year old home, forgot some stuff isn't like modern homes.

So as long as jeep isn't bouncing when I pull in, I am fine, ha.

·
Premium Member
12,478 Posts
Thanks guys! I can't believe I didn't even think of that Kb, damn 50 year old home, forgot some stuff isn't like modern homes.

So as long as jeep isn't bouncing when I pull in, I am fine, ha.
It's all good. I bet I measured my garage 4 times in the weeks before I installed lift & tires. Then, the first time I drove in, even though I KNEW it would fit, I braced myself for the shriek of garage door on soft top. :)

·
Premium Member
1,408 Posts
Good excuse to build a new man cave garage if it doesn’t fit

481 Posts
Put on a 2.5 Rough Country lift and 33 inch tires, and got more than 2.5 inches of lift. 10 weeks later put on the Ace front and rear bumpers. Brought it right back down to 2.5. You can build a bigger garage, or put on some weight.

Now I want a rack on top. Measuring and sweating it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts