Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at the gas station a while back and the guy across the pump was pulling a stock trailer. While I was standing there, I noticed that he was actually hauling a Jeep in the back.

We got to talking and I saw that it had some stuff piled up in and around it so I assumed that it was a relic that he was taking home to restore or what ever. I made some comment like "looks like you've got a fun project ahead of you."

He said, "nope, she runs like a sewing machine, I'm actually headed to Utah (I think it was?) to go bear hunting."

1960 Willys, primer gray. No top, no doors, no radio, no problem. It was really cool to see something like that still being used to rough it. Hope I'm still as tough as that little Jeep when I'm 57 years old :)

Attachments

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
I seen a Kaiser CJ5 with a Dauntless V6 at the local auto parts store. The body was in surprisingly good shape for as old as it was just a few rusty spots here and there nothing cancerous. It had a set of turbine wheels and some half flat and dry rotted white wall tires on it that looked way to small.

·
Super Moderator
12,716 Posts
Around Parker Colorado there is a restored CJ8 and a few running CJ5 & 7s.
The CJ8 looks new. Also a few YJs (mine included).

In the Elizabeth Day parade on 6-3-2017, there was a restored Jeepster convertible that the (hopefully) next governor of Colorado was riding in.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Round here (se va) cjs are all around. Shot the shit in the HD parking lot with a dude in a cj yesterday.

·
Registered
138 Posts
They have a 1947 Jeep for sale in northwest Oklahoma, looks pretty sharp

1 - 5 of 5 Posts