Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From reading, it sounds like OME leaf springs are a very good brand to buy.
Found a good price on 2.5 lift front heavy load leaf springs, lower price than I found a 2.5 rear medium load spring.
I run a hard top on my 91', and would like to hear opinions on if I can run the front heavy load springs on all for corners?
I'd save $60 by doing that as opposed to 2 front heavy loads and 2 rear medium loads.
Any reason not to run the fronts all away around?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure about running the OME front springs on the back but I'm running the CS014F on the front and the CS036R on the rear of my hardtoped 89 and the set up is perfect. Do not go with the yellow OME spring/shackle bushing kits. They only come with 1 metal sleeve per set. Go with a different brand that includes all three.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I've been very very happy with my OME. I started with the heavy duty springs but ended up adding a leaf from OME to my rears because of my bumper. It's a super cushy ride and flexes great.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
I have driven just about all of the yj lifts, ome is no better than procomp with 3000 shocks and the latter can be had much cheaper. Top of the line is rubicon express with mono shocks. Ome hasn't evolved much since 1999

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys for your input. I made the purchase - 4 of the front HD 2.5 lift springs, and the yellow bushings. Guess I'll need to reuse or purchase the other bushing tubes separately. With the 2.5L up front, hardtop, spare on tail, but no other weight, I'm hoping I'm not going to be too high that I'll have a drive-shaft concern. I wanted as much flex as possible without going so high I have other issues, wondering if I made a mistake on my purchase. Too late now, wonder if Quadratec has a restocking fee?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I have OME springs and am happy with them, not sure the part #'s, they were installed just prior to me getting the Jeep, just know they are 2.5's. No complaints!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts