Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody rockin' the old school white letter tires on some black rims? Thinking of doing this with some BFG KM2's. If so, show us some pics!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but....

ForumRunner_20130727_222252.jpg

·
Registered
831 Posts
It's different.....do it!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mattk11, those Jesters with white letters might look pretty good on a white JKU. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,221 Posts
I love white letter. I wish more tires came with them.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thanks....bought it couple months ago and it was already done..... Vinyl decals

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Bumpity bump for more pics/opinions. I am getting 35 x 12.50 r15 KM2's installed tomorrow morning. I have, thus far, a totally blacked out Jeep. Everything is black but the roller fair-lead and winch cable. Been thinking about mixing it up/adding in contrast with the white letters out. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
Bumpity bump for more pics/opinions. I am getting 35 x 12.50 r15 KM2's installed tomorrow morning. I have, thus far, a totally blacked out Jeep. Everything is black but the roller fair-lead and winch cable. Been thinking about mixing it up/adding in contrast with the white letters out. What do you guys think?
I had the white letters out on my tires but when I had them mounted on the new rims yest I went with the black out and I prefer that look. Keeping the white lettering clean is a task. lol

·
Insert something witty...
596 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thinking about how hard they are to clean.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thinking about how hard they are to clean.
They're incredibly easy to keep clean. Bleach-White and a brush when you are washing. Takes about 15 seconds per corner.

I'd say to make the judgement based on the Jeep color, not on maintenance. Typically looks pretty great on white (I'm biased), mixed on other colors.

·
Registered
293 Posts
x2 on the Bleach White...cleans off dirt, road grime and brake dust, too!

·
Registered
136 Posts
image-1386438527.jpg

I love the white letter on silver rims in a black jeep.

I may switch them around if the get too dull or grey, but I like them now.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I've always liked white letters out but my new bfg AT didnt have white letters in my tire size 315/70/17. For cleaning the white letters I've found nothing better than dow bathroom cleaner (scrubbing bubbles) spray it on a wet tire and use a brush and scrub circular around the whole tire then rinse,when done the letters are nice and white and the tire is nice and black. Takes about 15 minutes for all 4.

·
Registered
862 Posts
If you wheel in a red clay and rocky area like here in North Ga, the whites will either be stained or rubbed/chipped off. I don't see any legit rigs around here with the whites out.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts