Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Guys, I went back many pages and did the search to try and find my answer/discussion. I have a 2015 Jeep Wrangler with the 6 speed Man. It has 500 miles on it. I am a big fan of synthetic oil. My question is this, has anyone run Syn. oil in the trans, and diffs, as well as the engine?????? If so what weight????

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
As you said at least part of your question is an old top and old question. There are dozens of threads on engine oil including brand, weight, Chrysler certification, additives and everything else. There are at least two active ones. Here is one of them:

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f202/oil-brand-1138794.html

·
Registered
970 Posts
The trans has synthetic from the factory As for the diffs a good quality GL5 dino or synthetic gear lube 75/90 front 75/90 or 75/140 rear depending on if you tow or not.
IMO synthetic in the engine is a waste of money in the diff is a good idea.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
The trans has synthetic from the factory As for the diffs a good quality GL5 dino or synthetic gear lube 75/90 front 75/90 or 75/140 rear depending on if you tow or not. IMO synthetic in the engine is a waste of money in the diff is a good idea.
That seems to be the opposite of most people. Is there a reason?

·
Registered
970 Posts
That seems to be the opposite of most people. Is there a reason?
Yes after careful tracking of a small fleet of gasoline powered light truck's [7] we found no difference in engine wear, mpg, or engine related break down's using conventional and synthetic engine oils. how ever we did see a benefit using synthetic lube in gear box and differential apps.
Any gains in engine performance or longevity that could be attributed to synthetic oil or shortened service intervals was more than off set by the increased cost of synthetic engine oil.
Might not matter to a individual but to a co. that makes its living with trucks the cost / mile over the life of the vehicle is the bottom line.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts