Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever dealt directly with this company? I purchased an Olympic front bumper through Quadratec. That order was fine and the bumper appeared to be great. Then I ordered what I thought was a matching rear bumper. When I openned the box there were some huge scratches and scrapes on the face of the bumper. I contacted Quadratec and we did an exchange. The 2nd bumper had some smaller scratches and minor scapes but I figured a little sanding and paint would solve that. But then I thought, crap, I paid good money for that and it should be right (I know it will eventually get dinged and scrapped). So I found a name on Olympics website and for the past month an Eric and I have been emailing back and forth about the situation. Oh, they also changed the finish on the bumpers. The front one is a very textured Rubicon finish; the rear one is the same color but much smoother. I noticed the latest Quadratec catalog states "NEW" finish for both front and rear bumpers. There were other brands of rear bumpers I liked better but went with this assuming the finishes would match. Eric has suggested I paint both bumpers with textured paint and offered a small $ amount to comensate for me doing this. Now I have noticed small areas of rust on the front bumper around some of the welds (after being on the Jeep for 4 months). Are these products crap or what? Sorry for the longwinded dissertation.

·
Registered
9,914 Posts
:whistling: I've had front/back-OLY bumpers (powder coated) for 2½ years and they are great, course I bought them both at the same time/same shipment- !!

Has anyone ever dealt directly with this company? I purchased an Olympic front bumper through Quadratec. That order was fine and the bumper appeared to be great. Then I ordered what I thought was a matching rear bumper. When I openned the box there were some huge scratches and scrapes on the face of the bumper. I contacted Quadratec and we did an exchange. The 2nd bumper had some smaller scratches and minor scapes but I figured a little sanding and paint would solve that. But then I thought, crap, I paid good money for that and it should be right (I know it will eventually get dinged and scrapped). So I found a name on Olympics website and for the past month an Eric and I have been emailing back and forth about the situation. Oh, they also changed the finish on the bumpers. The front one is a very textured Rubicon finish; the rear one is the same color but much smoother. I noticed the latest Quadratec catalog states "NEW" finish for both front and rear bumpers. There were other brands of rear bumpers I liked better but went with this assuming the finishes would match. Eric has suggested I paint both bumpers with textured paint and offered a small $ amount to comensate for me doing this. Now I have noticed small areas of rust on the front bumper around some of the welds (after being on the Jeep for 4 months). Are these products crap or what? Sorry for the longwinded dissertation.
Front

Rear

I've hit a few trees (they just jump out ) and the coating is still solid-

Good luck

:dance::rofl: JIMBO

·
Registered
244 Posts
...i've got the same bumpers as 'jimbox'. one winter on the frozen tundra with all the salt and chemi's they put on the road here and the front bumper was trashed ( the powder coating that is ).

...wire brushed the rusty areas and rattle canned it and it looks good as new.:thumb:

·
Get your Jeep dirty!!!
762 Posts
I have their rock sliders on my JK and they are superb.It was a pain to install because the holes didnt line up.Overall i like their products.

·
Registered
3,787 Posts
I purchased a used set of the Olympic rocker bars off craigslist. They were a little rusty, so I had them powder coated. I wanted to replace the hardware, so I contacted Olympic and they sent me a set of instructions and were very nice about it. I plan to buy an Olympic rear bumper w/ swingaway soon. They seem to be a good company to me.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've had a "BOA" front bumper for two years now, hit deer, run in winter, salty, crappy roads and it does get dinged and chipped. (the deer hits have never bent it though).

I just touch it up, I think you'll get minor rust from most any bumper exposed to the elements. The damage that yours is getting comes from shipping. They are tough bumpers.

Getting out the "rattle can" is part of the "Jeep thing"....lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts