Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for those that install OME 2" lift HD springs. My Jeep LJ has the factory springs with a 2" Skyjacker spacer lift front and rear with Skyjacker Nitro 8000 shocks. I just bought some new OME front and rear HD 2" lift springs (haven't installed them yet). The front end is sitting 2" lower then the rear. I have ARB front and rear bumpersw and a 10k steel cable winch. Has anybody just put OME HD srings in the front and left the factory ones in the rear. Should I do OME HD springs front and rear and just put the 2" front spring spacer back in? How much lift is to much for stock track bars? I just want a level Jeep when I done, I don't really wheel it so a big lift isn't something I'm going for.

·
Registered
653 Posts
I would do all the springs the same, and put the spacers up front. If I weren’t wheeling it, I’d take the winch off too

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would just do the new springs without spacers... they should be stiffer and able to handle the weight up front better. I definitely wouldn't add your 2" spacers to the new 2" springs unless you are ready for a full suspension overhaul.

For 2" lift you can probably get away with stock trackbars. Try and see how it is. If needed you can add rear trackbar relocation bracket then adj front.

Slightly off topic, but I'm surprised you're running 35s with just 2" BB spacers. I know you said you don't off-road it, but any issues so far? It looks good! Love the LJs.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No the winch isn't coming off. I use it for our things.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would just do the new springs without spacers... they should be stiffer and able to handle the weight up front better. I definitely wouldn't add your 2" spacers to the new 2" springs unless you are ready for a full suspension overhaul.

For 2" lift you can probably get away with stock trackbars. Try and see how it is. If needed you can add rear trackbar relocation bracket then adj front.

Slightly off topic, but I'm surprised you're running 35s with just 2" BB spacers. I know you said you don't off-road it, but any issues so far? It looks good! Love the LJs.
The 35's are on 15x8" Mamba wheels with 4.5" BS. I had to add a wash behind the steeering bump stops. But no problems other then the bump stops.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
correction! I'm running 33's on my LJ not 35's. I have 35's on my JK. Don't know WTF I was thinking.

·
Registered
11 Posts
33s make more sense. If there is still a rake after installing the new springs and you want it more level, you can always get .75 spacers for up front.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Put the springs on and add 1" spacers up front. I do that on all of my Jeeps. Replace those stiff Skycrapper nitro shocks too and it will ride like a new Jeep.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
137 Posts
Doesn’t really answer your questions, but here’s an LJ with OME HD springs front and rear on 33s. I’d have to look up the actual part numbers at home. Front and rear bumpers add about an extra 50 lbs each on it and the winch on the front with steel cable weighs about 80 lbs I think. Mine came out pretty level and I was concerned the front would sag. I was prepared to add some spacers if needed but in my case they were unnecessary. That said I experimented with stock and 3/4 inch spacers front and rear. Probably pulled the springs 4 times after install to swap spacers around until I settled on none at either end. I think there is some combination of spacers in the picture because that was taken before the final fine tuning.

In my case I also replaced control arms, track bars, extended disconnects, shocks, tweaked bump stops etc but I was planning with potentially moving to 35s in the future. So I can’t answer about needing to or not. I came out with about 2” lift in the front and 1.5 in back .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts