Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've decided on the OME lift kits.
from what i've read i can't go wrong or can i?
i'd like to run 32's. is there anything else i should look into?
should i consider the heavy duty springs? i would rather keep it simple, my chances of going offroading is slim to none.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. spring is here and i'm planning on having this done really soon (next few weeks or so). also, any suggestion as to who i should go thru in getting the kit?

thanx again everyone.....!!!!

·
Registered
514 Posts
The HD springs are more for heavy loads than for reasons of off-roading. If the vehicle is weighted down with anything I would defintely go HD, but I would probably go HD anyways. Most people who run the OME really like it, and DPG Offroad seems to be the vendor of choice for most who go OME.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
x2 on DPG.

As for what else to get, if you want to do the quick discos or the trackbar or the body lift, DPG can fit you with the right setup the first time.

Also, why not consider doing the lift yourself and save some serious coin?

Depending on your Jeep's condition (rust, etc), it can be done fairly quickly. Time is also dependent on what you are installing, meaning if you are doing a track bar relocation bracket in the back, it may take longer than just installing a JKS adj track bar back there.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Here ya go. Give them a call and they will get you set right up!! I have never heard one bad thing about these guys and lots of time Dirk is on here and is great about answering any questions that you have!!

http://www.dpgoffroad.com/

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
youz guys are the best.......
thanks a bunch.
so since i'll be towing a boat it would be wise to go w/the hd springs...?

alot of people say that the installation is easy....how easy?
where can i print out the directions for a OME kit?
i'm not a mechanic by any means, but common sense can take you a long way. if i do decide to do the install myself what should i have checked out afterwards by a pro? wheel allignment, etc.....????

·
Registered
5,941 Posts
where´s the best place to buy an OME suspension or OME springs in the US?
here in germany the OME suspension costs about 1350 $. that´s why i want to order it in the US.

·
Registered
87 Posts
In what situations would you want soft shock stiffness compared to medium shock stiffness? I am getting the OME Nitrochargers this summer...cant wait!

·
Registered
24 Posts
This is what it looks like with 33's and a 1.25" BL. Go with the HD springs, you will not be sorry. And I say give Dirk a call at DPG Offroad, he is a great guy to deal with. Dirk includes instuctions with the kit, if not I can emails you a copy of the instructions.

Oh by the way, if you are not tofar away I could give you a hand it you need it. I see you are from MA.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
wow...!!!!!
your jeep looks bad a$$...
i'm definitely going with that same kit. which OME kit did you go with? so you did the install yourself?
i printed out a write up from dpgoffroad on OME lift install.
i'm gonna read the hell out of it....
i don't believe that this is the actual instructions but i'm sure that i'll give me a better understanding.
thanks for the offer, but i'm all the down on the south shore of mass. and i wouldn't want to put anyone thru this cause i'm sure this will probably take me a day or 2.

·
Registered
514 Posts
If you are just doing the coils and shocks, that shouldn't take more than a few hours. The control arms and track bars add another few if you get them.

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
and a bit more for the discos... body lift.... motor lift... :)

The shock/springs are actually the fastest part. Just be sure to loosen or disconnect the swaybar and trackbar to get good droop on the axles. It'll make the spring install much easier.

·
Registered
24 Posts
wow...!!!!!
your jeep looks bad a$$...
i'm definitely going with that same kit. which OME kit did you go with? so you did the install yourself?
i printed out a write up from dpgoffroad on OME lift install.
i'm gonna read the hell out of it....
i don't believe that this is the actual instructions but i'm sure that i'll give me a better understanding.
thanks for the offer, but i'm all the down on the south shore of mass. and i wouldn't want to put anyone thru this cause i'm sure this will probably take me a day or 2.
I went with his Ultimate kit, which includes the OME coils and shocks, BL, MML, and trackbars. I did do the install myself, it took me 14 hours from start to finish not killing myself. Now that I have spent so much time under the Jeep, I think I could do it in a day. If you were north of Boston I would still offer to give you a hand, the south shore is a haul for me. Heck, I travel to Beverly, MA everyday for work.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
ooh nice....
yeah that's a lil out of my range. i'm going with the deluxe kit. either way i'm sure i'll still be happy. can't wait!!!
man i hope all these tips and tricks are in the install instructions.
any other tricks of the trade..?

hey rob5059MOD, would you mind sending me a copy of those instructions..?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I will dig the instuctions out and email them to you. With the deluxe kit you are getting the BL and MML, so it will look like mine.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts