Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to build my lift and have decided to go with the OME shocks, my question is for best result should they be paired with the OME springs for the best ride quality, or would I be just as happy with the Rubicon Express springs with the OME shocks? I like the RE kits, have everything I need BUT the OME shocks. Or if someone has a better suggestion for Springs let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
I am trying to build my lift and have decided to go with the OME shocks, my question is for best result should they be paired with the OME springs for the best ride quality, or would I be just as happy with the Rubicon Express springs with the OME shocks? I like the RE kits, have everything I need BUT the OME shocks. Or if someone has a better suggestion for Springs let me know.

Thanks
what OME shocks are you thinking of going with? N66 or N66L? What lift height? Do you have bumpstop extensions?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I have the re 4.5 and ome shocks. And love the ride. Qualities a lot better than stock was.. Can't ask for much more. Re has one of the best short arm kits on the market. Expensive but deff worth every penny to me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
hi meyers, i had OME 2.5" heavy duty leafs...and the OME nitro shocks for 4 yrs!..first lift kit i'd owned..flexed and felt smooth on any terrain rocks mud snow and deep rutted trails!..i could go places my buddies slinky TJ had problems climbing over! was a fantastic spring!!..only wish theyt did a 4" version and id strip out my 4.5" rubicon express now for it!..rubicon is good...but not as good as OME for the ride....and rubicon shocks are stiff too..get OME NITRO if poss..

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
I run a RE 3.5" standard lift with OME extended travel shocks. I love the ride. It handles beautifully on and off road.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts