Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a 2012 jeep Wrangler, how is the TPMS reset? I looked in the manual but I couldn't find how to do this?

Thanks...

·
Registered
119 Posts
by putting the right amount of air in the tires...

·
Registered
996 Posts
And then there is the Procal and you can set them anywhere you want. I have my set point at 10psi

·
The Bad Guy
23,179 Posts
It can take several miles of driving before it resets. The air in the tires must match what is on the sticker on the edge of your door.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks everyone!

I drove it down the road a bit and the warning light did go off.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had the same problem; don't forget to check the spare also. Like others have said, it doesn't clear up as soon as you air up.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
I did all that. Drove week w it still on. Went by Walmart had them check tires. Light went out. Guess my tire gauge is reading incorrect

·
Registered
606 Posts
Had this happen once with a 2008 Altima... Took it to Discount Tire and they had a mechanism that they ran next to the valve stem to reset them... No amount of driving would turn it off, but their little machine did... They said there might be some corrosion on the sensor from moisture (they said it could have happened from a flat... Or maybe airing down in this case)... When I went in to rotate the tires a few months later, I had them check the sensors and sure enough, there was corrosion on that one sensor... at least that's what I was told.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I think all systems generally take a few miles to go on or off. Prior to getting my Jeep this year, I had a 2008 Honda Fit. The car was awful in the snow, so I ran dedicated winter tires on aftermarket rims. I was too cheap to get a second set of TPMS sensors, so I just dealt with the light being on for four months a year. When I put on the winter rims, the error light would come on, but not for about five miles. When I swapped back in the spring, it would take about another five miles to go off again.

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I did all that. Drove week w it still on. Went by Walmart had them check tires. Light went out. Guess my tire gauge is reading incorrect
Bad gauge leading to underinflation - common problem. The threshold seems to be around 30# - 31#. Go above that (to 35-37#) and the light goes off.

·
Registered
773 Posts
40 miles!? The TPMS dash light on our '11 JKU w/18" wheels goes out after backing out of the garage about 30ft, and driving only a 1/4 mile, after airing back up to 35 psi.

·
Registered
119 Posts
... not much going on in you life right now?:rolleyes:

Did that but warning light is still on!
was my answer incorrect or smart-azzed ?

In general, I've found that it resets quicker if the jeep is off while I air up.
Also, I've had luck running at 32 psi with no TPMS light on, so I don't think the pressure needs to be set to man specs. But do make them all very close to the same, even the spare.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts