Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Highly modified 2-Door JK Rubicon that I have poured blood, sweat, and bourbon building and wheeling - Love this thing!

Contemplating trading it in for a 4-Door JL Rubicon and build it more as an Overlander.

I’ve done long trips in my 2-door and everyone knows the lack of space especially if you want to bring a dog.

Anyone have regrets moving from a 2-Door to a 4-door? Wish I could have both, but not feasible.

Attachments

·
Registered
380 Posts
Have you driven a new JL? I thought I was gonna keep my JK forever, but once I got in a JL I had to have one. They are both great rigs. If money isn't an issue, I would go with whichever fits your needs better which seems like 4 door if that's where you're leaning.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have driven both the turbo and the 3.6. I wouldn't trade my 2-door for another; only the 4-door since my current 2-door is built perfectly (for me) for rock crawling.

Of course I'll take a bath on all of the upgrades I've done, but I knew that going in.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
I have two Jeeps in my garage. A 2 Dr/MT/JK
And a 4 Dr/AT/JL.

Not even close.

*My 4dr JKURHR was built perfect too when I traded it on my JLUR (now built perfect as well)
Not even close.

·
Registered
427 Posts

And a 4 Dr/AT/JL.

Not even close.

*My 4dr JKURHR was built perfect too when I traded it on my JLUR (now built perfect as well)

Not even close.
"Not even close," but not clear which you prefer.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I originally planned on buying a 2 door but after looking at the 4 door, I went with the latter. I think the 2 door definitely looks better but I like the space for hauling stuff in the 4 door. All my kids are grown so I don't need the extra passenger space but throwing stuff in the back doors is nice and easy. I also have a soft top and added a secure cargo cover that holds luggage plus whatever else when we take trips. The 2 door doesn't have that extra storage in the back.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
And a 4 Dr/AT/JL.

Not even close.

Not even close.
Hey Rubi,

I'd love to keep the 2-door and just buy the 4-door as well; maybe one of these days.

By not even close I assume you mean the ride or there are things that you highly prefer about the JL over the JK?

And yeah - my 2 door is also MT and I love it.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
100% do the deal. Never look back, unless a JT catches your eye.

Reactions: RubiconSS

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Yes. By not even close.... I do mean - it's like having two girlfriends. There's "things" you like about each and in the end they are Both females and there's a reason they were both your girlfriend but.... Very different.

If one had to go - it would be the 2 door/MT/JK without hesitation.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Hey Rubi,

I'd love to keep the 2-door and just buy the 4-door as well; maybe one of these days.

By not even close I assume you mean the ride or there are things that you highly prefer about the JL over the JK?

And yeah - my 2 door is also MT and I love it.
You, as the OP, WF contributor (many who post are just that - just posters) deserve a deeper dive answer for what it is worth....

I am confident (as you say) you have built, and love your 2 door. I am equally positive you will love and grow to adore the features.aspects and attributes of a 4 door (JLUR) they are simply amazing rigs for ALL duty.
The JL has had it's adjustments and they are ongoing but productive. The platform "tweek" was well thought out, well done and in pretty much every aspect - Better.
I really like my years driving Jeeps, never more than now with the JLUR. This post would be a laundry list if I tried to bullet point every way it is better - I'll cheat and say "Every change is better".
I wouldn't give mine up (at this point) for anything else available.

Good luck with it. I say - Go for it and don't look back. Again, for what it's worth - this coming from somebody that has both sitting in the garage. :)
If I go - it's in the JLUR.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You, as the OP, WF contributor (many who post are just that - just posters) deserve a deeper dive answer for what it is worth....

I am confident (as you say) you have built, and love your 2 door. I am equally positive you will love and grow to adore the features.aspects and attributes of a 4 door (JLUR) they are simply amazing rigs for ALL duty.
The JL has had it's adjustments and they are ongoing but productive. The platform "tweek" was well thought out, well done and in pretty much every aspect - Better.
I really like my years driving Jeeps, never more than now with the JLUR. This post would be a laundry list if I tried to bullet point every way it is better - I'll cheat and say "Every change is better".
I wouldn't give mine up (at this point) for anything else available.

Good luck with it. I say - Go for it and don't look back. Again, for what it's worth - this coming from somebody that has both sitting in the garage. :)
If I go - it's in the JLUR.
Thanks Rubi - greatly appreciate the input and compliment. Probably gonna do it, especially since I really miss being able to bring a dog along on the trip with my girl and all the gear.

If I pull the trigger it'll be an ordered 2020 and will share pics as I build the new one.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
We will head to the OBX eom and have everything we need for a week or two and Pete & Mason.

Bernese Mountain and Rhodesian Ridgeback in the JLUR :)
They love it.

·
Premium Member
16,902 Posts
Pulled the trigger last night and ordered an Ocean Blue JLUR. Trading in my trusty 2-door JKR.

At least I have something fun to drive this time while I wait.
* Drive fast. Based on recent reports it may arrive pretty quick. Congrats.

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
I have owned five Jeeps going on six. One Cherokee, two 2Ds, and two 4Ds. I just ordered a new 2020 JLUR. While I enjoyed the 2Ds I love the 4Ds. No regrets at all with the 4D Wrangler. Every now and then I get a 2D as a rental car and it reminds me why I own a 4D.

·
Premium Member
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We will head to the OBX eom and have everything we need for a week or two and Pete & Mason.

Bernese Mountain and Rhodesian Ridgeback in the JLUR :)
They love it.
And that's exactly why I want the 4-door. Dogs in Jeeps...

Have a blast!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts