Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Coil springs, shocks, front/rear SB links, front/rear lower control arms, TC drop, wheels, tires... What else do I need for a 4 inch? Amd is there anyway I can relocate my trac bar by myself?

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
SYE and a new driveshaft for the rear. As far as the track bar, good luck. Even with the relocation bracket, I ended up ordering an adj. for the rear.

·
Registered
62 Posts
SYE = Slip Yoke Eliminator

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
You can relocate your front track bar by drilling a new hole on the axle end 3/4" more to the drivers side for 4" of lift, but a front adjustable track bar is a better option.

·
Registered
6,033 Posts
Sorry about not making it clear, I was talking about front and rear adjustable track bars.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay. Sorry i sound like a dumbass. Just 17 and creating a money pit lol. Whats the purpose of those?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
Okay. Sorry i sound like a dumbass. Just 17 and creating a money pit lol. Whats the purpose of those?
If you are refering to (adjustable) track bars, they have two functions really. They triangulate your front suspension side to side so the whole thing doesn't collapse when side forces occur such as cornering, and they allow you to center your axle in relation to the frame/body. The higher you go up (in lift), the more your axle is shifted towards the drivers side. An adjustable track bar allows you to lengthen the track bar to make up the difference.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How do I adjust my front and rear track bar? The rear need brackets and the front you have to drill a hole. What to do?

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
JB, if you do a search for Zone Off Road or Skyjacker, you should be able to find installation instructions for one of their 4" lifts on line (probably). I know they both have you relocate the stock front track bar. On a 4" lift I'm pretty sure it's just drill a new hole in the axle bracket about 3/4" more torward the drivers side from where the stock location is.

On the rear, you'll have to buy a bolt on relocation bracket that bolts to the stock axle bracket. I'm pretty sure both those company's sell those also.

I know you're on a budget, but if you can swing it, check out Zone's 4.25 combo lift. Less than $600 and everything you need with no sye or transfer case drop. Great kit for the $'s

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, i've been lookin at those. But, i've bought most of my stuff off of Ebay... heck, I just both all four lower control arms brand new for $285! That's why i've been buying everything seperate on Ebay because it's a weeee bit cheaper that way. And, it gives me more time to gather $$$ and buy the stuff. I only make about $500 every two weeks, and $350 always goes to savings.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts