Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after many long hours of searching for the right lift and tire combo I think I have found what I want. I think I am going to go with Mickey Thompson MTZ 33 x 12.5 R-15) and Pro Comp series 97 black soft 8's (15"x8") from 4WheelDrive.com. As for the lift I think groupbuy.com has a sweet deal on their RE 4.5 Super-Flex Kit & SYE Combo. Also I would get the RE Monotube Shocks. All I have to do is CLICK BUY, but I was wondering what everyone thought and if there is anything else I would need. Also I have never done a lift and was wondering how hard the Re 4.5 lift is to install. I have only seen the 4x4 Xplor's write up so was wondering if any of you ran into any problems or needed any special tools.

·
Registered
678 Posts
I have that lift and those shocks the lift was easy as for the SYE I had it done because I was pressed for time and was kinda worried about doin it myself on a time schedule. I love the lift its awesome. As for tires i got 33x12.50r15 BFG MT's I wish I would have got 35's sometimes but my axle won't handle that right now. 33 look sweet though.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,383 Posts
Looks like a very good combination. You'll also need RE's angled rear trackbar mount due to the fact you'll be rotating the axle for the CV driveshaft. Hopefully you're getting f/r trackbars too to re-center your axles, which will also improve your axle's articulation abilities. I think you know not to install a dropped Pitman arm unless you choose RE's extra-heavyduty 1610 track bar which uses a dropped upper mounting point. If you stick with RE's standard 1600 track bar, you won't need a dropped Pitman arm:)

·
Registered
678 Posts
The kit comes with a ft track bar and a rear relocation bracket

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
put 35's on there I'm at 3in with 33's most people do 4in and
33's
after running 33's I now know that 35's would be better and a friend of mine is running that same lift with 35's

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the reply's, I would do 35's but dont have the money for new gears so its 33's for me. I like the look of the MTZ's plus I have heard that they are pretty quiet on the road, for those of you who have them is that true? As for the BFG's I used to have a bronco with 35 BFG's on it and they were crazy loud!!!!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the exact same lift on my 05 LJ and love it.

The lift kit is not too difficult to install it us much easier with a buddy and some beer. The SYE and shaft is not rocket science either. Buy a GOOD set of snap ring plyers. It will save you hours of futzing around with the rings. Be sure to be careful with the 5/8" hole for the front track bar that is also critical.

Enjoy

1 - 9 of 9 Posts