Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I'm still down for a night. Might get the jeep naked...
Ok, seems like it's still good for me too...

Meet at Circle K /Shell? 7138 E U.S, HWY 60, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

What time?

Still thinking Montana Mountain Loop? Or more interested in Pucker Ridge?

·
Registered
956 Posts
Ok, seems like it's still good for me too...

Meet at Circle K /Shell? 7138 E U.S, HWY 60, Gold Canyon, AZ 85118

What time?

Still thinking Montana Mountain Loop? Or more interested in Pucker Ridge?
Pucker ridge? Never heard of it.

How can I not want to run a trail with a name like that?

Run it at night for the first time in a naked jeep?

I'm down! Meet at 7? 8?

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Plenty dark by 7 if that works for everyone. Some interesting sights on Pucker Ridge, bring flashlights and lets see if we can find them.

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I'm in. See you at 7 at the Circle K. Weather is calling for 80* to 63*. After 100* evenings it will seem chilly. I'm bringing a jacket,

·
Premium Member
'89 YJ 4.2 with MC-2150 Carb & HEI, 2-1/2" Ex. AX-15, NP231 SYE, Adams shafts, F&R ARB, 3
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Just heading out myself, ETA 7:15

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Ok, we’re here waiting for you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Fun run, it was certainly a LONG one... We found the 2 obstacles on the trail, the first was the little waterfall that is bypassed so much that it's almost not on the trail anymore. @Got it at last whooped it with his now F&R lockers....

The second was the best, wish we had taken a few pics... An abandoned Toyota 4Runner broken right in the middle of a climb. Front A arm hanging down and tire jammed in to the wheel well. But we just snicked 'er in to 4 high and went by, using the hillside on the right and his front fender on the left for traction.

Thanks as always, this little crew certainly has fun on our runs.

Reactions: Got it at last

·
Super Moderator
12,723 Posts
Fun run, it was certainly a LONG one... We found the 2 obstacles on the trail, the first was the little waterfall that is bypassed so much that it's almost not on the trail anymore. @Got it at last whooped it with his now F&R lockers....

The second was the best, wish we had taken a few pics... An abandoned Toyota 4Runner broken right in the middle of a climb. Front A arm hanging down and tire jammed in to the wheel well. But we just snicked 'er in to 4 high and went by, using the hillside on the right and his front fender on the left for traction.

Thanks as always, this little crew certainly has fun on our runs.
I wish I was there to see that. 🤣 Hopefully it was an abandoned junker and not something the owner was coming back for.

Good Luck, L.M.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
I wish I was there to see that. 🤣 Hopefully it was an abandoned junker and not something the owner was coming back for.

Good Luck, L.M.
They were definitely coming back for it. It wasn't a junker. And we snuck past it without having to use it as traction. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·

Good Luck, L.M.
Looked like he broke something at the top of the rocks, but he was kind enough to roll it down out of the way, so we left it be. Now two weeks from now if he doesn't get it out of there it may become an abandoned junker and all bets are off...LOL

Side note, I got that np231 rebuilt and back into the '88 Sahara with the hack-n tap out of my '89. AA SYE kit and new DC Shaft into the 89. Worked out great...Thanks again.

·
Registered
956 Posts
It was a lovely night run. No carnage, no one got got stuck. We went from 2500' up to 5500' then back down again. The descent was interesting, steep with tight switchbacks. Saw some javelina running around.

Thanks for gracing me with your presence.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
Motivated to run it during the daytime on a weekday to check out the views and see if the Toyota is still there...

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Give me a couple days notice to clear my schedule and I'm most likely down.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
@badAZbiker

Hey Adam, which mapping app are you using? I got my rugged tablet and it's running Windows 10... Want to see what app options I have. I know a lot of guys run Gaia and Avenza, but OnX looks interesting to me too. I like how yours resembles a "navigation" system.

·
Premium Member
3,971 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Or....Just follow the blue jeep...

Reactions: Pressurized

·
Registered
956 Posts
@badAZbiker

Hey Adam, which mapping app are you using? I got my rugged tablet and it's running Windows 10... Want to see what app options I have. I know a lot of guys run Gaia and Avenza, but OnX looks interesting to me too. I like how yours resembles a "navigation" system.
i have a magellan trx7. I read somewhere it runs an android system.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
i have a magellan trx7. I read somewhere it runs an android system.
I do think the Magellan is Android, but what app is it running for the offroad maps?

21 - 39 of 39 Posts