Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Ok I think Im going with the JK ProCal. Im nervous but trust what has been said. Think it will be the easiest for me. I feel like I am definitely in uncharted waters. Is there a special thing you have to do to get a “coupon code” for some discount value. Every dollar helps. I will definitely let yall know how it goes. If I am successful I want yall to know that literally anyone can do this. Just need to make sure my transfer case is a A580 even though its a manual 6 speed. Thank yall so much for the input. Im sure both the units mentioned are good choices I just feel a bit more at ease with my total lack of understanding with the JK ProCal

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
aev does not allow discounts the a580 is the auto transmission not transfer case.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I am interested in the
Jscan, but find no option on their website to purchase the hardware. I'd love to be able to turn off the TPM

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
aev does not allow discounts the a580 is the auto transmission not transfer case.
They have a place on the order for a coupon code. Transmission whatever I dont know what I need i drive a manual is that a A580

·
Super Moderator
6,816 Posts
They have a place on the order for a coupon code. Transmission whatever I dont know what I need i drive a manual is that a A580
AEV doesn’t allow discounts, so having a coupon code won’t help. As mentioned, the best you can do is buying from a vendor that offers free shipping.
If you have a manual transmission that is not an A580.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
I will try one more time. No you will not get to use any coupon code for any AEV product you can put a valid coupon code in which is "wranglerforum" but it will tell you it does not qualify..try as many codes as you want and it will never work. AEV will not allow any retailer in the USA to discount their product, I know the owner of AEV and he told me if a retailer gets caught discounting they can no longer sell AEV and will have to pay a civil penalty as they signed an agreement agreeing not to discount unless it is something that AEV itself is discounting like when they discounted the sliver salta wheels or for a short time offered 4 wheels for the price of 3. no a 6 speed manual is not an A580 the automatic tranny for 2012 on up is A580. The transfer case change is only for 2012 on automatics so it will not have any bearing on your 6speed manual. the A stands for automatic and the 580 for the amount of torq it can handle.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
Jscan is free. And in the application there is a place that shows pictures and everything for dongles.
the app is free to download but you need to pay a fee to be able to actually use it. Still a good deal but not free other than to just see what features it has your phone. With paying you can not use it on your vehicle.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
the app is free to download but you need to pay a fee to be able to actually use it. Still a good deal but not free other than to just see what features it has your phone. With paying you can not use it on your vehicle.
Yep, absolutely correct. My point was that if you wanted to find what dongles were compatible, they actually list them in the application as a means of reference. I think it is very cool they do this as it helps someone just getting started.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
AEV doesn’t allow discounts, so having a coupon code won’t help. As mentioned, the best you can do is buying from a vendor that offers free shipping.
If you have a manual transmission that is not an A580.
Hummm the saga continues..... what would I put in there then for a manual or do I just need my tire size to calibrate my speedo

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hummm the saga continues..... what would I put in there then for a manual or do I just need my tire size to calibrate my speedo
I have a manual and I just did tire size and my speedo is spot on.

A buddy has an auto in his ‘13 and we only did tire size and he said it is much better now.

·
Registered
2013 Jeep Wrangler JK
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have a manual and I just did tire size and my speedo is spot on.

A buddy has an auto in his ‘13 and we only did tire size and he said it is much better now.
Appreciate it brother! Done deal I think I have the technology to pull this off!

·
Super Moderator
6,816 Posts
If you have a manual transmission you don’t get quite as much benefit from correcting your tire size. The automatic transmission gets better shifting when you correct the tire size programming after installing larger tires. But both the automatic transmission and the manual transmission get an accurate speedometer and accurate odometer when you correct the tire size after installing larger tires.
The ProCal or Jscan will allow you to correct the tire size after installing larger tires. They both have additional advantages, like allowing you to adjust the TPMS threshold for the air pressure in the tires. If you installed larger tires you probably should be running air pressures lower than what the stock tires needed. Often that leads to the TPMS light coming on. Both options mentioned allow you to adjust the threshold for when the low pressure light comes on, or even to disable the light if you prefer.
And there are other things that both options can do, they are not one trick ponies.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts