Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two JKURs in Jeep marketing pack I just got in the mail.

The deep cheery red shot looks like a more real world application (to me anyway) for one main reason. What is it?

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
drshaws said:

The deep cheery red shot looks like a more real world application (to me anyway) for one main reason. What is it?
The pier in the background?

·
Registered
823 Posts

Is it because it's on a beach rather than rock crawling as sadly the majority of Rubicon's (or any wranglers for that matter) will never see a rock in their lives?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Tom - nope. You'll notice the Billet (I assume) JKUR has its soft top tucked away in a boot.

Which is what confused me - where are the Billet's door surrounds. Is that a real world application - since the soft top is pretty useless without the surrounds.

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
drshaws said:
Tom - nope. You'll notice the Billet (I assume) JKUR has its soft top tucked away in a boot.

Which is what confused me - where are the Billet's door surrounds. Is that a real world application - since the soft top is pretty useless without the surrounds.
Yea... Brand new with the hard top taken and booted the soft top.

Plus many people take the door surrounds off while cruising around.

·
dirt road inspector
3,007 Posts

Got it. Looks better without them.

·
Registered
823 Posts
The door frame on the passenger side, the red one has it, the other doesn't
x3. It is part of the soft top surround and is not needed on a hardtop. It can also be removed, it just clicks in and out, that may be why is it not on the other Jeep even though it has a soft top?

·
Premium Member
7,920 Posts
I am not sure but think the rock place doesn't allow Jeeps in that particular place.....think it is Arches? IDK could EASILY be wrong...been a long time since I was there close to 30 years....and they were talking about 4wd/ off road being a bad thing back than.

·
Registered
64 Posts

The soft top isn't useless without the door surounds. When it rains in the summer I run with no doors, door surounds, or rear windows. It still keeps the rain off of your head.

My cage doesn't have a place to bolt the door surounds anymore so if the top is down the door surounds come off and go in the back.

·
Registered
156 Posts
The white one is a photoshop photo as Delicate Arch in Arches National Park is in the background and you can't get near it in any vehicle. It is a 1.5 mile hike from the closest parking area

Pete

·
Registered
419 Posts
can i throw in a suggestion? thanks! I'd say, if you look hard enough, I don't see rails with that Rubicon decal on the white. could be a poser. They could also be there, i just see too much white starting to go under the jeep

1 - 18 of 18 Posts