Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
wow...your right, that thing is bad...i bet it sounds freakin awesome...it has a viper motor...i bet it will get up and go! and its so clean...i wonder if it has had an off-frame restoration

·
Pushy, Loudmouthed, and Ballsy
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
khenderson said:
think that's been around ebay quite alot. seems like i've seen it listed at 60K before.
bigjeep said:
wow...your right, that thing is bad...i bet it sounds freakin awesome...it has a viper motor...i bet it will get up and go! and its so clean...i wonder if it has had an off-frame restoration
It may have been there before, but it's still somethin' else.

If you read the description it was fabbed from the ground up. It's not really a '62 Willys, It's an aluminum CJ7 body. But everything else was fabbed.

Any comment SoCalChef?

·
Administrator
12,622 Posts
Does nothing for me. Perhaps if the paint job looked nicer.

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
This Jeep, is totally useless, unless you want to be the fastest one to run a 1/8, or 1/4 mile drag race, in a Jeep. It is some fantastic fabbing, but what is it good for? What is the term I am looking for?...........Oh yeah, a pimp mobile, pavement princess. Something to turn heads on the boulevard. Which I guess is what some people are into. But would it not have been cheaper to have just bought the Viper?

Just a thought.

·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
These guys are obviously into show jeeps. They wanted the "ultimate" jeep. That means ultimate - to them. That's what they do. They can't understand how you can take one out and run it through mud and rocks and water.

Different strokes for different folks.

It is still nice to look at and I wouldn't mind seeing what it would do in the quarter.

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
if it has a good suspension it looks like it would do pretty good off road...its already got decent size tires and it would have plenty of power

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
bigjeep said:
if it has a good suspension it looks like it would do pretty good off road...its already got decent size tires and it would have plenty of power
How can anything that is powered and geared to do 140 mph be anything but a pavement princess as BluViking stated? You'd spend your time stalling it or spinning wheels and breaking things on the rocks.

My 2 cents.....

·
Registered
4,288 Posts
whiteyj said:
How can anything that is powered and geared to do 140 mph be anything but a pavement princess as BluViking stated? You'd spend your time stalling it or spinning wheels and breaking things on the rocks.

My 2 cents.....
140mph is already under geared...that motor in the viper can go 190 mph!!! so if it goes only 140mph then its already geared lower!

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
I can't imagine even trying to go that fast in a Jeep. The suspension would have to be so tight, that it would not be able to flex, at all. I just don't see how one could have a fast Jeep like that, and be any good off road. The better a rig is off road, the worse it is, on road. Also, with the stock wheel base, it would do nothing but bunny hop, on any vertical climb, with that much power. I really don't think that it was built with off roading in mind. With a 12,000 dollar paint job, I would cry, the first time I scratched it on a rock. Don't get me wrong, it is an awesome looking Jeep........just totally impractical for anything, other than out running corvettes, from traffic light, to traffic light.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
My question is: Would you really want to be in that thing at 140 mph??? Uhhh, not me - no thanks!

·
Jack Lives Here!!!
7,760 Posts
That guy lives in Tucson if I remember rightly and has more money than sense. I've seen that jeep around AZ twice I believe. Seems like I remember it does do pretty decent offroad too however. I would imagine that even in a Viper the low end torque is still there. With the right TCase gearing in 4Lo I bet it could be quite a capable crawler. Would I want it? Nope. But not a bad looking rig.

·
6,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1BLKJP said:
That guy lives in Tucson if I remember rightly and has more money than sense. I've seen that jeep around AZ twice I believe. Seems like I remember it does do pretty decent offroad too however. I would imagine that even in a Viper the low end torque is still there. With the right TCase gearing in 4Lo I bet it could be quite a capable crawler. Would I want it? Nope. But not a bad looking rig.
If I paid that kind of money for a jeep, capable or not, I don't think I'd be doing much off roading! To me it is not a practical build, but it's fun to look at and think about.

·
Extremely Humble
11,545 Posts
140 MPH on bead locks?!?! Sorry, I just can't seem to get over it?!?!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts