Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I set up my Jeep to use my Ram account, or the other way around. I paid for their "all devices" plan, but that doesn't mean more than one vehicle. Any way to hack the radio and enter a new ID?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont think so. The IDs are hard coded into the sirius radio. Maybe you can call them to transfer the subscription to the necessary car when you need it.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I tried that when I switched radios from my old vehicle to a new one. XM,Sirius was going to charge me $10.00 to do so. I don't know if they raised the price for transfers, but they do charge you for each transfer.

·
Registered
380 Posts
Can I set up my Jeep to use my Ram account, or the other way around. I paid for their "all devices" plan, but that doesn't mean more than one vehicle. Any way to hack the radio and enter a new ID?
A another radio is a device. I would call them and just give them the radio code but not tell them that is another vehicle. You might get lucky and they might activate it. The Sirius site says they offer multi car discount but you have to call them to get it.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Unless you have a portable device it will not work. As stated the subscription is for a specific ID and the ID is tied to a unit. For an additional fee you can get Sirius online and then use a tablet or smart phone.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Unless you have a portable device it will not work. As stated the subscription is for a specific ID and the ID is tied to a unit. For an additional fee you can get Sirius online and then use a tablet or smart phone.
Download the Sirius XMAS app on another device and stream through Bluetooth in your other vehicle

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the replies. Don't know about a portable device. My phone is out of range a lot up in the Sierras and I don't know of a small Sirius device. I'll look further.

I just want to have it in both cars and I also use it at home.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Download the Sirius XMAS app on another device and stream through Bluetooth in your other vehicle
The Sirius/XM app is a data hog on a cellular plan. Also defeats the purpose of having a satellite radio if you are streaming through a cellular network.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts