Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like all the cool kids do a build thread so here is mine.

*if you have followed my order in the waiting room feel free to skip down a paragraph*

It all started when I ordered my 2015 Wrangler 2 door Sport on 3/3/15. I ordered a very basic Jeep knowing that I was going to be modding it, Sport/AC/Hard Top/Manual...that's it, nothing fancy. A month went buy and nothing going on with the build and I was seeing others in the waiting room talking about there orders getting through the phases quickly. Long story short my dealer found a mistake and got it RE-Ordered in late April and it was in scheduling phase on 5/6. It finally went D1 on 5/13. The Jeep was built over the weekend around 5/23, paint on 5/26 and paint on 5/28. It went into KZ on 5/28 with an estimated ship date of 6/1. It ended up getting to the dealer after hours on 5/30. On 5/31, Sunday, I went over and "broke into it" (went in through the unlocked rear hatch and over the rear seat) to check it all over and was really excited to get it now!

The Jeep went to my friends shop on 6/1 to get the lift, tires and main front bumper installed.

As of today, 6/3 it is getting aligned and headed back to the dealership for me to do paperwork and pick it up.

Stay tuned for much more, starting this weekend with the pile of parts in my living room being installed by myself....

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. I'll be watching. I like how they flipped the hood back over on the windshield. That's a great thing about the jeep.
And I was VERY pleased, but not really surprised because they are very respectful of customers vehicles, to see that they had put a moving blanket between the hood and windshield/roofline.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still don't "own" it because I haven't done paperwork, but I stopped by my friends shop today and it was done and waiting to be picked up by the dealer, so I took it to lunch! As you can tell by my wonderful parking job, its going to take some getting used to not driving/parking a much wider and longer pickup! Here is a sneak peak of this stage...

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Congratulations! I know it was a loooooong wait for you! Looks good! :thumb:

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Finally took delivery last night. I hope to get some more of the stuff I have sitting around for it on this weekend and the soft top put on Tuesday.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Crap...Yeah, I cleaned up my photobucket and that's what I get...Here it is through the process, it isn't done yet. I hope to get more done tomorrow on my day off...

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ditched the hard top for the summer...

Now I am good as long as it doesn't rain before I put the soft top together and on tomorrow. Oh well, wouldn't be the first wet a$$ I got from a Jeep! Forecast looks great however.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Put the Bestop Supertop NX on yesterday. All went smooth until it was time to latch down the header bar. Went by the instructions which said to do the rear corners first...no go. Undid the rear corners...no go. Sat out in the sun all day...no go. Finally I pulled down on the header (was doing this the entire time), pushed up on the handle to the latch while at the same time pushing out on the hook of the latch and finally got it to grab the hook. Man that was tight! I was actually flexing both parts of the latch I was pushing/pulling so hard.
I also started putting my Bushwacker flat flares on...wow do they take some time! I had about 1:45 into the soft top and almost 2:30 into just the driver front flare

1 - 20 of 22 Posts