Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just ordered my first Jeep and really looking forward to working on it. Legos for adults as far as I can tell and I am drooling at all the aftermarket stuff.

My other car is a 1986 Porsche 944. I wrench on that all the time. A major go-to source for how-to's for the 944 is a site called Clark's Garage Home Page) that has an amazing community-generated shop manual for everything from changing brake pads to complete electric or engine/drivetrain rebuilds.

Is there a similar type of web page for JK's that provides how-to's for different jobs?

Thanks!

EDIT: Yes, I saw the Tech questions sticky. I am looking for something more comprehensive like that Clark's Garage site.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
Keep in mind the many of the systems on the JK including the engine and whole electrical system are computer controlled by the PCM & CAN bus so you will not be able to readily work on parts of your new JK like you do on your P-car.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I have a subscription to alldatadiy.com, which offers the factory service manuals and tsbs, but... there are missing details (for example, 'how to correctly reattach fender flares' is one that I've found so far, and their tech support works no better than just doing search on your own). So I'd say it's worth having but it isn't completely comprehensive.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts