Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my 2004 wrangler has oem fog lights. When I turn them on only 1 comes on and the other one won't.
I replaced the bulb but it still won't work.
The bulb that was in there wasn't burnt out either.
Has this happened to anyone else?
I searched this forum but I couldn't find this issue in the past.
Thanks
Mike

·
Knows a couple things...
49,405 Posts
Get a test light and see if the socket has 12 volts on it. If it doesn't, trace it back until you get 12 volts and your problem should be right there. This type of problem is commonly from a dirty or corroded bulb socket.

·
Registered
209 Posts
It could also be the actual wiring to the second light. Mine was corroded and eventually one wire broke in half. Had to rewire between the two lights to get the second light to work consistently.

·
Registered
411 Posts
It could also be the actual wiring to the second light. Mine was corroded and eventually one wire broke in half. Had to rewire between the two lights to get the second light to work consistently.
make sure to check the connection of the light since sometimes it wouldnt make a good contact, it happend to me too where the connection was not making good contact and just staring wiggling the conection and unpluggin and pluggin it untile i found out that it was the conection between the hardness and the fog light. so hope it could help you. good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts