Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My very first thread! And it's because I'm having issues.

I have a 2013 Jk Sport S Auto with 16,892 miles on it.
This morning on my way to work, out of the blue my transmission wasn't shifting properly. Right at 2K RPMs the transmission slips causing the RPMs to spike and shifting to be really rough. It was doing it very consistently all morning, after work on the way to the dealership it started doing it less and less. Everything is under warranty, tomorrow they're going to go through it and tell me what they find. First on the phone they said they couldn't get to it until Feb. 23rd but in person they said it should be done tomorrow. If not they'd supply a rental car.

Has anyone else had this issue or heard anything like it? It doesn't see any off-road and is completely stock at the moment. I'm pretty easy on it, and not speeding around tearing up my drivetrain.

While its in, they're also taking care of the heated mirror recall and a few other minor things I've noticed.

If anyone has had similar issues please reply, I'd like to hear what happened and the solution to the problem.
Thank you for reading!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds kind of obvious, but did you check the transmission fluid level?
I did not, but I had everything checked and what needed to be serviced about 1000 miles ago. And honestly I have a lot going on and didn't have time to go through it. I'd rather have the dealership go through it at the moment.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sounds kind of obvious, but did you check the transmission fluid level?
Turns out it was the predictive shifting part of the computer software. They said it had a glitch and reset it to factory settings. It hasn't done it since, but I'm still weary since they didn't do anything until I made a deal of it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Isn't that nuts? I had my check engine light come on at 3k miles and I brought it in. Turns out they had to reprogram my lean\rich mixture. They said they updated my air conditioner software too. Air conditioner software. I have a jku sport with ac knobs. How much software does it need to run?

Days of turning wrenches are over.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Isn't that nuts? I had my check engine light come on at 3k miles and I brought it in. Turns out they had to reprogram my lean\rich mixture. They said they updated my air conditioner software too. Air conditioner software. I have a jku sport with ac knobs. How much software does it need to run?

Days of turning wrenches are over.
I didn't even know the AC had software either! But you sir are correct. You need a very nice tool collection and computer these days.

It needs software just to make the horn sound. They're adding complication where it doesn't need to be.
Over-Engineered. But everything seems fine now hopefully it stays that way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts