Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Wrangler JKU sport.
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was washing my 99 TJ sahara (117,000 miles) and started wondering why I drive it more then my other 2 vehicles. Have an 07 F150 (loaded) and a very highly modified 07 vette (SC with 685 HP) and many other mods! I stood there looking at my 99 Wrangler with all those miles, scratched my head and wondered... hummm am I crazy?

Bought it used and it does have a few creature comforts like AC, automatic but not much more. So how come I'm always using my Jeep with those other great vehicles sitting in my garage?

Got the Jeep a year ago (paid $4600) installed a new battery, heated seats (heated mirrors and good stereo are next)! I just seem to drive it all the time. Gas mileage isn't great so that's not it.. (vette gets much better mileage.. really) Truck has a lot more creature comforts.... so what's the deal? Both vette and truck certainly ride smoother are faster and yes.. handle better. hummm Again... so why the heck do I instinctively grab the Jeep for errands, etc! :D

Bottom line I figured only Jeep folks are going to understand or have a clue why Jeeps are loved by so many! Perhaps the pure simplicity of them is one reason and yes, you do feel connected to the road... to much sometimes! My vette buddies really think I've lost it... :banghead:

Anyway here's a couple pics of my other vehicles... didn't want the old.. "This post is worthless without pics"!! :rofl:

I just gotta say I really enjoy driving my Wrangler.... :popcorn:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Understand! You are right, only a jeep owner would understand. I have a 2013 Lexus es350 fully loaded, heated and cooled seats, radar cruise control, adjusts your speed and distance between cars, blind spot sensors, Internet access, Mark Levenson 19 speaker surround sound system, etc, etc. My wife drives a 2011 Lexus GX 460 and I prefer to drive my 2003 Jeep Rubi everywhere I go. Go figure. Nice Vette by the way.

·
Registered
101 Posts
x2... sold the BMW because I felt guilty that it never got out of the garage since the jeep purchase... although keeping the ol 97 4runner for when the mods keep the jeep from being driven...

bmw's don't handle the mud as well as the jeep...

Attachments

·
Registered
643 Posts
Nice find for 4600! She's sweet. :thumb:

I haven't even taken the cover off my bike in a month. I just want to drive my Jeep!

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have a loaded 2012 F250 King Ranch PowerStroke 4x4. For some reason, I have been driving my '06 TJ (with no doors or top) during our recent 102-106 temps. I find myself shaking my head and wondering why, at times. But, I just grin and keep driving. :D

·
Registered
53 Posts
Same here. Have a 08 loaded vette with 6k miles. Just bought a 13 super duty diesal loaded to the max to rival any luxury sedan, and I still prefer to hop in my 04 LJ. My family and friends can't figure it out. Hell I can't figure it out

·
Registered
199 Posts
Same here. I'm on an out-of-town trip with the family, driving my wife's comfortable car, but I have been thinking about my 2000 TJ Sport sitting in the garage back home, wishing I was driving it instead. Almost nothing puts a bigger smile on my face than getting in my Jeep and heading out somewhere - anywhere!

·
Registered
540 Posts
you caught the Jeep thing..... I am so glad my wife hates driving the Jeep, <sad> and prefer's her volvo. <Joy>! :v

·
Registered
104 Posts
Yeah well I have two bentleys and a helicopter but I choose my jeep even in Houston heat and rush hour... LOL

/sarcasm #ionlyhaveonecar

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have the option to commute in a Honda Pilot, but I don't. I cuss her & threaten to sell occasionally. I've looked at other vehicles, but damn there's nothing else I want to drive... Except maybe another Jeep.

·
Registered
91 Posts
the 2012 charger feels like a luxery liner compared to my 04 LJ. Pulled thr charger into Home Depot and had to back up to put it in somewhat straight. The wife laughed at me cause it is her car

·
Registered
39 Posts
LOL!
I also have a vette (82) and spend much much more time in the TJ!
I spend the last 7 years restoring the vette and finished last year; started getting board and figured I needed another bank draining hobby...oh well, it was nice having some money for a few months anyway, back to Cup-O-Soup for dinner. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
x2... sold the BMW because I felt guilty that it never got out of the garage since the jeep purchase... although keeping the ol 97 4runner for when the mods keep the jeep from being driven...

bmw's don't handle the mud as well as the jeep...
I feel ya I have a focus as well as my jeep. I had to get one of my friends to pull me out of the mud I. The focus the other day. The jeep doesn't have that problem.

·
Registered
663 Posts
My BMW 530 MSport sits on the drive for weeks at a time! I only drive it if I have a long way to go!

·
Registered
1,448 Posts
CTHUSKER: you are in good company.

you mentioned simplicity. I have been telling my friends the TJ has the Three S's going for it: small, simple, and sturdy.

there's just not another vehicle that delivers all of that.

have fun keeping the mileage on your vette low.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts