Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have been eyeing a 2012 all white sahara here in town at a local dealership that I would be trading for and today I decided to head in and see if i could get a deal on it. Right now I have a 2008 (manual, black, hard top) sahara (67000 miles) with:

18" Tis rims w/ 35" Mastercraft mxt tires (less than 3500 miles)
2.5" Teraflex coil lift w/ Rancho 9000 shocks and JKS adj. trackbar
smittybilt rock sliders
smittybilt front bumper w/ winch fairlead, 20' light bar, and drings
bestop highrock rear bumper w/ tire carrier
pioneer in dash dvd radio player
drake hood latches
50" led light bar w/ rockslide eng mounts
Tint on all windows
Wild boar front grill w/ inserts
Umnitza halo led headlights
Superchips flashcal

After an extremely long wait the guy came back and offered me only $23,000 for my jeep. I told him there is no way its only worth that and left.

Am I right? Shouldn't it be worth more than that?

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
What price were you expecting.

·
Registered
818 Posts
$23k for a 2008 Sahara was a generous offer. All the extras you have in the jeep is not worth anything for a potential buyer. If I were in the market for something like that i wouldn't pay more than $19k.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
$23k for a 2008 Sahara was a generous offer. All the extras you have in the jeep is not worth anything for a potential buyer. If I were in the market for something like that i wouldn't pay more than $19k.
He said he liked my jeep how it was so I'm assuming if i would have traded it in he would have sold it like it is for probably $30000

·
Registered
223 Posts
He said he liked my jeep how it was so I'm assuming if i would have traded it in he would have sold it like it is for probably $30000
What was sticker on your jeep new? 23k for almost 8 year old Jeep sounds like a great offer on trade in.

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
Go back and do a little negotiating and see what happens. The net price after trade for the 2012 is what matters.

·
Registered
548 Posts
It looks like a beautiful rig, and you put a lot of care, design, and planning into it.

The dealer will pull the KBB, under cut that. Add a few pennies for the awesome mods, and rob you blind.

Just by looking at it (unknown condition), you can Private sale it for close to 30k. I imagine the dealer (who undercut the mods) will advertise those mods as Grand and extreme upgrades, and sell it for 30k.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Why would anybody pay $30k for a 7 or 8-year-old jeep when you can get a brand new unlimited sport S with a hard top for about the same money?

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Ok. Well the price they are asking for the 2012 sahara with 21000 miles on it that I'm looking at is $31,500. What do you guys think about that price?
Reasonable. Check out KBB for pricing. It will give you an idea $1500 different isn't something that can't be overcome. Take a day and go in and let them know you are serious. Come up with the price you want to pay for the new Jeep, subtract $1500 dollars from that and sit there and tell them that this is the price you want. Don't budge, and if they ask you why you think that price is so important, just tell them that you think that is fair and is all you want to pay. If after some time you grow frustrated, leave and let them know that they have your number and if they can make it work to give you a call. You don't have to get a new Jeep, but if you are firm and friendly, they will work with you.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Ok. Well the price they are asking for the 2012 sahara with 21000 miles on it that I'm looking at is $31,500. What do you guys think about that price?
offer him your rig plus $5,000.00 see what he says. Can always try and he can always say no. Sounds like a fair offer.

·
Registered
818 Posts
depending on the options. If that's a fully loaded 4 door Sahara then the price is very reasonable.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts