Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Ouch.

Too late now, but I put the wood block under the "fat" part of the door rather than on the skinny edge and had no problem.

No worries though, that'll buff right out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ouch.

Too late now, but I put the wood block under the "fat" part of the door rather than on the skinny edge and had no problem.

No worries though, that'll buff right out.
Should I try to pull it back with a towel and pliers, get some touch up paint as well? What do you guys thinking in terms of “fixing” it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
was it rusted on?? i dont recall the doors being stubborn to come off

·
Registered
791 Posts
Should I try to pull it back with a towel and pliers, get some touch up paint as well? What do you guys thinking in terms of “fixing” it?
The paint at the "crease" is cracked. If you do go back with touch up, see if you get an aerosol version. The normal brush on style wont "look right".

As for tool to fix it: go to your local auto parts store or lowes/home depot and get a pair of duckbill vise grips so that you can have a wider pull than normal pliers. Youll definitely be able to work it that way.

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Touch up paint - yes to prevent it from rust.
Pliers - wont work -there 3 layers of metal in there
You may try with a hammer and a piece of wood to see how it goes but i wou live it as is just touch up the paint damaged area.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll probably just leave it as is, but definitely will touch it up with paint as I don’t want it to rust. I’ll head over to the dealer and get the exact color tomorrow. Thanks guys

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
was it rusted on?? i dont recall the doors being stubborn to come off
I got one door off before this happened and there was just a lot of grime, dirt, and some corrosion. I’ll have to figure out how to carefully get that door off and change the pins

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Thanks for all the suggestions. I’ll probably just leave it as is, but definitely will touch it up with paint as I don’t want it to rust. I’ll head over to the dealer and get the exact color tomorrow. Thanks guys
Man that sucks, sorry to see that. Best leave it alone until you can get it to a panel beater. Is the rest of the door out of shape? Does it open and close properly?

Man sorry to see that. One consolation is that at least with Jeep, you can order a new door and hang it yourself.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts