Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installed new crown OPDA. Rotated engine so alignment hole lined up, put in plastic pen, removed old unit. Put pin back in new unit, installed it runs fine. Now I have a check engine light that that code says it's the cam censor. 05 LJ 4.0 5-speed. Reset computer, unplug eg battery for 2 hrs. Code keeps coming back. Now what to I do ? Also Cruze control won't turn on.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
Installed new crown OPDA. Rotated engine so alignment hole lined up, put in plastic pen, removed old unit. Put pin back in new unit, installed it runs fine. Now I have a check engine light that that code says it's the cam censor. 05 LJ 4.0 5-speed. Reset computer, unplug eg battery for 2 hrs. Code keeps coming back. Now what to I do ? Also Cruze control won't turn on.
I take it you used the new sensor that came with the crown opda. Try installing the old sensor into the new opda.

·
Registered
631 Posts
I take it you used the new sensor that came with the crown opda. Try installing the old sensor into the new opda.
X2 on this. That should fix the problem, but if it doesn't you might want to check TDC and target wheel alignment again. The computer can handle up to 16* misalignment before it sets the CPS code i believe.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I know many people do not agree but you really should use the timing marks on the big crank pulley wheel and block to assure absolute TDC.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sensor was not the problem. Took it to jeep dealer, they said OPDA was misaligned. Don't no how that happened, we will see tomorrow . When I get jeep back.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts