Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I would give the open box a try. I ordered a Tie Rod complete used :pullinghair:

Can you identify the parts from The Steer Smarts Yeti XD Tie Rod that I ordered?

Top mount drag Link, beat up from no paper packaging and huge box. Either way not what I ordered.

AHHHHH I need to get a Tie Rod..The pic is how it came, no additional packaging. Bouncing around in a large box with miscellaneous pieces. 17.5x42x9.

So no one says... you should read the descriptions of the open box items. (I did) I called also asking if all components were included. XT said this item is a used item w/ all components and could just have been a demo. I said great I can deal with some scratches.

Maybe a blessing in disguise now either SteerSmarts or Fusion4x4.

I have to put my tie rod back on and my Nexus 2.2 SS will have to wait.

I assume I am not the first this happened to. XT sent a prepaid shipping label and stated they would return my funds...some convincing was needed I pointed out this was XT failure not mine.

I should call Smittybilt if I have concerns (yellow hang tag in box).LOL

Attachments

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@JKU_FAM It looks like you are right. I tried to assemble it for giggles. I think it is a top mount drag link. (If all parts are there?) I did not research this yet, as I was researching tie rods.

I was going to order a DL in the future. But I wanted to buy the silly attenuator when I was ready to purchase.

Again maybe a blessing in disguise as I am not overly impressed with the part for the price of retail $425. I paid $176 so that is a deal if it was I wanted to purchase. But I am thinking the aluminum ones that others have mentioned maybe the right way to go.

However this is obviously a nice upgrade from factory.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I've bought 2 open box items and they were as described, first one was a front bumper. I had to laugh when I got it the box had more tape on it then cardboard.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just got unlucky here and got the bottom of the barrel employee from ET or just not yet knowing how to package.

I needed help figuring out what it was. LOL I did not know as it it was not what I ordered and no instructions. Someone up top helped out I edited the top so that it was clear.

Either way this was a bummer and caused me a bunch of work that I did not need to do. Lesson learned by me.

I am not saying this always happens as I more then I understand mistakes happen. But it also helps people that may have XT open box issues in the future, if they were to say they are always right and don't make mistakes.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've given up on ET.

Agreed one and done with ET. It was malicious on whoever packaged the item. (I am OK w/accidentally shipping the wrong product/that happens). This product came so damaged that the threads were bent/bar beat up and it was EXTREMELY (see what I did there) hard to thread the wrong product together. No person in their right mind would have thrown 3 metal tubes in a box that could have shipped a bicycle.

Then an automatic reply email saying if I return it damaged or they don't receive it, its on me.

I called the credit card company charged it back and told ET to pick up their box. I did not feel comfortable with dealing with ET>

Supervisor George said multiple times sarcastically...yeah your right you can't do a return online for open box items, it says no returns.

OH and online no returns it says for open box and I had no reassurance from anyone on ET.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts