Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my 4.0L intake manifold, there are 3 ports facing the drivers side fender. 2 are larger, one is smaller. They are all next to eachother and in a straight row. two of them have boots on them with tubes connected. The 3rd port, which is furthest toward the back of the engine, is smaller than the other two and has nothing connected to it. Any idea as to what is supposed to be connected to that port?

·
Registered
8,952 Posts
can you provide more information? Like year, generation of intake manifold, or even post a picture of exactly where? What year do you have? TJ's came with two different intake manifolds and two different throttle bodies...

trace your cruise control, emissions evap, climate control, MAP sensor, CCV and brake booster lines.....something must be disconnected....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
can you provide more information? Like year, generation of intake manifold, or even post a picture of exactly where? What year do you have? TJ's came with two different intake manifolds and two different throttle bodies...

trace your cruise control, emissions evap, climate control, MAP sensor, CCV and brake booster lines.....something must be disconnected....
It ia a 2003 Sport model. In the link below, it is this style of manifold and you can see the 3 ports in 1st picture. I am missing something hooked uo to the one on the right. My jeep is flatfendered and missing the whole windshield squirter pump and bottle system, if that matters.

https://m.summitracing.com/parts/rn...atGFfJKRY9RpAIBWTb4ODWmQ5SyqxYOwAQaAtxw8P8HAQ

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
If I recall the back (small) one is for the HVAC vent controls. If the air flow is only coming from the defrost regardless of the setting, the default setting when no vacuum is present, it is likely the hose has fallen off. The line goes from the manifold up & over to above the battery where it Ts & goes into the cab & to the reservoir in the fender well under the battery.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I recall the back (small) one is for the HVAC vent controls. If the air flow is only coming from the defrost regardless of the setting, the default setting when no vacuum is present, it is likely the hose has fallen off. The line goes from the manifold up & over to above the battery where it Ts & goes into the cab & to the reservoir in the fender well under the battery.
You were exactly right. The previous owner had disconneccted that and being an idiot and not knowing where it went, zip tied the boot and hose that went to it to the side. All is well again. Thank you!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not sure if this is a help or hindrance. My 02, the front one is an electric sensor, the middle one goes to the valve cover and the back one connects to the power brake booster. Things may have changed for a newer model.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I think that one goes to the vacuum box that is mounted underneath the battery. There is a one way vale on the firewall next to the battery that is in line to it

1 - 8 of 8 Posts