Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OK, I couldn't think of anything better to name an oranmge jeep buil thread, so there 'ya have it!

So I am painting my 2003 TJ Lambo Orange 3 stage pearl, then adding Bushwacker flares, some assorted black body armor, a black hood mounted light bar and some other black trim itema.

I am also ordering black halo headlights to add to the look.

Here she is stock

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Only have one small dent on the fender and the rest is just prepping and hitting a few chips with the DA, then seal and primer it and take it apart for painting 9 days from now.

Fixing the dent and removing the front flares, which is actually a huge pain.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Pulling off the rear flares, ARB front bumper and tailgate tomorrow and then I'll Rhino line the area under my carpet and the top of the quarter where the hard tom rests as this is 3 stage paint, which will make it very difficult to match in the event it gets scratched.

This weekend it goes on the lift so I can pressure wash the underside to ensure a dust-free environment in the booth, and I'll finish paint prep ad add some more pics

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Got all the flares and ARB bumper off and wet sanded it, now I'll hit it with the D/A this week and guide coat/primer it this week and try to shoot it next weekend if all goes as planned, if not then the weekend after.

Cant WAIT to get her all back together:bop:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Paint gets delivered tues-wed and should be in the booth about 24 hours after that.

Picked up new fender flares yesterday and my grill cover will be arriving with my hood mount led bar this week so I am looking to have it painted, sanded, buffed and assembled by next weekend

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
Pulling off the rear flares, ARB front bumper and tailgate tomorrow and then I'll Rhino line the area under my carpet and the top of the quarter where the hard tom rests as this is 3 stage paint, which will make it very difficult to match in the event it gets scratched. This weekend it goes on the lift so I can pressure wash the underside to ensure a dust-free environment in the booth, and I'll finish paint prep ad add some more pics
Its not that hard to match a 3 stage. Keep track of your coats. Watch your overlap and pressure. ALWAYS spray a let-down panel.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts